Honored Contributor

Re: Do you carry anything on you for protection?

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I would hope that no one would spray some loose dog in the face just because their idiot owner let them run off the leash.

Cat Sad

I would do whatever to protect my dog, @QueenDanceALot.  But I carry that big a## whistle.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I would hope that no one would spray some loose dog in the face just because their idiot owner let them run off the leash.

Cat Sad

I would do whatever to protect my dog, @QueenDanceALot.  But I carry that big a## whistle.

@tansy

I hear ya, tansy.  And I think the big ****** whistle is a great idea for anyone out walking or being alone in an isolated environment.

Trusted Contributor

Forgot to add, DH is trained, and has recurrent training by the FBI for his FFDO portion of his job. He has taught me a lot. He comes home black and blue every time.

We both also carry a tactical pen. Last resort in case of close contact. 

We also have the surefire flashlights that will actually blind someone temporarily and they have crenellations on the top of it, for a good whack to the head if needed.

Both are easily available.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Cat Sad

@QueenDanceALot

I'm sure they wouldn't unless the loose dog attacked them or their pet.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dex wrote:

@chrystaltree My dh told me if possible go for the attackers eyes and if they grab you from behind try to go limp and slide out of their grasp. I would try to gouge their eyes while screaming from fear and disgust.

@dex

Nope!  You elbow, knee and/or kick him in the balls.  Most attackers are males.

@Mz iMac

If he's behind you and has you in a 'bear hug', the jewels are out of reach of your elbows, knees and kicking'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@dex wrote:

@chrystaltree My dh told me if possible go for the attackers eyes and if they grab you from behind try to go limp and slide out of their grasp. I would try to gouge their eyes while screaming from fear and disgust.

@dex

Nope!  You elbow, knee and/or kick him in the balls.  Most attackers are males.

@Mz iMac

If he's behind you and has you in a 'bear hug', the jewels are out of reach of your elbows, knees and kicking'.

Then you stomp as hard as you can, bringing your foot down his shin, and the top of his foot

Trusted Contributor

Might go against instinct but collapse. Dead weight is heavier. Roll out of way.

Esteemed Contributor

...and don't forget to puke...

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

No, I don't.  I don't walk by myself in unsafe areas or at night in a strange place.  That's enough.

Honored Contributor

My keys (between the knuckled fingers), phone, heavy purse, as well as my teeth, claws, voice, and my knee...you know where if need be.....on my back kicking....or running.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G