Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe two is company and three's a crowd?

That’s why it’s best to invite an even number of girls to parties or other events....and make sure they all show up! they tend to pair off eventually, otherwise it is the classic two-against-one.
Honored Contributor

"Oh!  What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!" - Sir Walter Scott

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

An old friend of mine always used to say "Two little girls can play, but three can't."

I've observed it play out, over the years.  Something about young girls. 

Two will inevitably turn against one, try to shut her out, start a fight.  The minute something goes wrong between those two, one of them is running to the one they shut out.  

My mother used to say the same thing.  For most of my childhood years there were 3 kids, two girls and a boy (a fourth child came very late in life but we didn't grow up with him).  SHe always said two can play together but when a third is added - it's almost always two against one and I found that to be true.  Funny cuz even tho in our family there were 2 girls, one boy - it wasn't necessarily always the same two against one. 

Valued Contributor

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Valued Contributor

My grandmother used to say, "Never a lender or a borrower be."  I agree.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Nope. The more the merrier!! Nobody should be left out.

I remember my mil telling me that after she was widowed a lot of her friends stopped including her because she was no longer a couple.I will never understand that.

I have a neighbor who was widowed 10 years ago. Every couple of weeks I invite her over for either dinner or drinks.In the Summer when we BBQ I always call her over to eat with us.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Agree about once you're widowed.  Saw it with two aunts. I'm in an over 55 community (ours are all single family homes) and I'd say 1/3 to 1/2 of the homes here are presently owned by widows.  Years ago many said they came as couples and to have the ability to "age in place".  Over the years we've lost members but almost always it's the husbands that die.  Women stay bc they have friends here and yardwork and shoveling snow is part of the HOA fee plus they can still attend the many activities.