Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe in psychics/mediums/clairvoyants?

Do I believe that it's true? Yes. But I stay away from it, for the most part in my opinion there are a lot of fakes out there. However I do believe that there are people with a gift. When I was a teenager I saw my one and only fortune teller who told me two things that came true.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandraskates wrote:

I want to believe that there are people that have these abilities. And there have been times where I just knew something was not going to go right or would be fine. (Case in point - my hubby just returned from a horrendous trip that was as disaster from the start. And I told him long before the trip to just bag it).

But really, I don't know.

I don't think that anyone can really talk to the dead via a spirit guide. I've been an audience member in a show where the medium picks random audience members and channels their departed loved one.

Although the chosen audience member seemed overcome with the accuracy of the medium, since I was not the one picked I could not tell if this was real or staged.

I've never been an audience member, but the rest of your post pretty much sums it up for me. I've had times when it just hits me that something is amiss, but I don't believe in talking to the departed through spirit guides, etc.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely I am a believer. You can't really judge unless you have  been to one. Then it will bowl you over with how accurate they can be.  The one I went to even used wording that my relative would have used.  It surely helps to believe you will see those who have passed on when it is your time.

Esteemed Contributor

No I don't believe in them at all. And I might add, I don't believe in ghosts either!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

No
Esteemed Contributor

In spite of there being a lot of fakes, I do believe that some people have been given this gift to assist others. Two very dear friends of mine had an amazing experience with two different psychics in my presence.

Honored Contributor

I believe in "sensitives", people who are aware of things that appear to be outside of typical awareness.
I don't believe in the "abilities" of anyone who seeks to be paid for "revelations".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I definitely do.  There are many fakes but actually I think everyone has some sort of psychic abilities and if they wanted to could channel into it.  I have what I call a sixth sense concerning many things.  A thought will pop in my head about a flat tire or my car stalling and within a week I have a flat or the car trouble that randomly popped into my head. 

Also, when at an antique store or around used items, i often get the feeling of emotions that I can't control.  It's great when I get a happy feeling but often there is a great sadness that overcomes me and I try to avoid antique shops now. 

I ran into woman that was a friend of an uncle of mine and she hadn't seen him in years as she lived somewhere else.  She asked about him (he had died a year ago) and said she dreamt that my uncle was telling her that he was preparing for his brother to come live with him.  My father died 2 weeks later.  Now there definitely is something to psychic stuff!

Respected Contributor

No. I do believe there are talented con artists
and sleight of hand magicians.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

NO.

Some ARE very good at reading body language...but that's about it.