Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you believe in karma?

I absolutely believe in karma. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I believe that (world) history seems to repeat itself, as it often has throughout thousands and thousands of years.  Looking back, people themselves didn't/don't stop to think about it, and history just keeps repeating itself, over and over again.  And, also, just recalling what  people, years ago, thought about 'others', and then fifty years later, it's back again, to greet them, on their own doorstep, in one way or another.  Just so very interesting (to me). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

So I suppose it was karmic justice when Allison Parker and Adam Ward were killed by that lunatic?  No, I don't believe in any definition.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I believe in coincidence; I do not believe in karma.

I believe there are no coincidences. Every thing that happens, happens for a reason, and because it was supposed to. I don't necessarily like what I believe, but I believe it none the less. 

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I'm not so sure.  I've seen instances that one might consider Karma.  I have, however, seen innocent people who've never offended anyone and try to live the good life, suffer tremendously.  What is that called?

We will all suffer. It can't be avoided. Some more than others, and each in different ways and amounts. Even those that seem that nothing bad ever happens to, and their lives appear to be a bed of roses, have their demons, and they do suffer, even if no one ever sees it. 

Being good, and doing right and staying positive and being giving are no guarantee against suffering, but will perhaps give one a better time of it, because of attitude and perspective. Most of what we experience that is bad, can be lessened by the attitude with which we approach it. You see it every day. Look at the families in Charleston from the church shooting. Every reason to be angry, devastated, etc. but by choosing their reactions/responses to the incident, they are easing their burdens, and bringing peace to themselves (to only some extent, I'm sure) and those affected less directly. Look at the way some people approach health issues. With a smile and a can do attitude. Doesn't change the diagnosis, but changes the way they handle things, and often the outcome of their lives, or allows them to enjoy what life they have. 

It's cliche, but life is what we make of it, how we view our circumstance, and the opportunities we take to try to make something bad into something more positive. We can see the glass half empty or we can see it half full. It's the same glass with the same amount in it, but it's the way we see it that makes or breaks us.

Esteemed Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

So I suppose it was karmic justice when Allison Parker and Adam Ward were killed by that lunatic?  No, I don't believe in any definition.  

Heaven's no!  I do not believe that bad things happen to people who deserve it ( I wish it was that way), too many innocent and good people have endured pain.  I will never understand many things and I do not believe there is ever a reason a young person should die.

I don't think of major incidents as "people getting theirs".  I think "karma" or whatever you choose to call it, is about small things.  Cheaters some day will be cheated on, nasty people will have someone be nasty to them, evil people will eventually have someone treat them in the same way.  Little life lessons.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

This young woman tweeted something and in less than a day this happened.....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/09/02/college-student-tweeted-maybe-slain-texas-deputy-deserved...

Karma or stupidity? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

no

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the great answers.

Since I believe in prayer, I am TRYING to pray for me to stop loathing this person.  Since I cannot control what happens to this person, I have to try to NOT think about him.

I believe he is a sociopath, so people like that just don't feel bad about what they do.  It's really hard for most of us to relate to that.  No matter what the situation, he keeps being horrible about what he does. 

So, I cannot control what life puts there for him.  Unless he dies suddenly, he will have no one to care for him.  Maybe then he'll see what he's done.  But, who knows?

I've never had anything in my life like this.  I have to pray for my heart to lose the hate.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

yep,it is happening as we speak...:-)