Respected Contributor

Re: Do you believe in karma?

@colliegirls wrote:

Sometimes it takes a while for people to get what is coming to them. It is usually worth the wait.  I do believe in karma and what goes around comes around.

I could not have said it any better than you colliegirls!  Stay well everyone.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

YES!  I believe in Karma....

You Reap What You Sow.....  What Goes Around Comes Around....  It may take some time, but sooner or later,  BAM.

JMHO of course.  I enjoyed reading all the posts.  Nice thread.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I'm not so sure.  I've seen instances that one might consider Karma.  I have, however, seen innocent people who've never offended anyone and try to live the good life, suffer tremendously.  What is that called?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I'm not so sure.  I've seen instances that one might consider Karma.  I have, however, seen innocent people who've never offended anyone and try to live the good life, suffer tremendously.  What is that called?

Bad luck baby, bad luck...

Esteemed Contributor

Do you believe in karma?

Absolutely not

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Bad luck baby, bad luck...

So what is bad luck vs. karma?  If what goes around comes around, why doesn't decency and living a moral/ethical life bring good fortune?  Essentially, "bad luck baby" means life's a ****** shoot.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welp, that's precisely why I don't believe in karma.  These things are as perplexing to me as anyone.  The only thing we can do is to try to live as authentic a life as possible... be good to the people we love, live by the golden rule, and hope we have a little good luck on our side.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe in luck either. Woman LOL

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

No I don't believe that it means life's a ****** shoot.  We definitely have choices, and good choices can lead to good results (bad choices - bad results).  But I can't deny that luck does play a part.  I agree; it's a little scary to think that certain things are out of your control.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Things often seem to go full circle, in one way or another.  Sometimes the things we were ridiculed about, end up happening all over again in those folks lives, or, more often, in the next generation, (in other words: 'somewhere along the line').  Could be coincidence, but how would we ever know for sure.  'All I know' is that history does seem to repeat itself, eventually.  Maybe we should ask: What indeed makes world history repeat itself throughout the thousands of years?  Same with individuals, families, etc.  It often times just 'happens'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).