Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you believe in Ghosts?

@SharkE wrote:

@Bibione wrote:

I never believed in the afterlife until I started having experiences when my oldest daughter was born.My youngest one woke up crying many times when she was very small, saying there were people in her bedroom.I heard crying and sounds in the baby monitor but when I checked both girls were sound asleep.I also heard a child call me once and for  a couple of seconds I saw a young man sitting on my porch years ago.I screamed knowing I was home alone.I believe it was my cousin who died in a car crash.I had a few "visits"in dreams which I still remember vividly after years.When you wake up you have the feeling you just spent time with that person, until you realized they are dead.On Sunday my daughter will have a past life regression with a terapist who trained with Brian Weiss.

How fascinating ! Maybe you can tell us how it went.

I agree, I'd love to hear about the past life regression too. I hope you can post about it.

Honored Contributor

Please forgive me for this being so long but I tried to condense and it is hard to do.

I have had several instances but my most vivid and scary/strange was when I was 15. I turned off my alarm to go down the hall to wash my hair and get ready for school. When I opened my bedroom door you could see down the hallway my Mother’s recliner sitting in the living room facing the television. My stepfather was in a wheelchair due to a car accident when he was 18 which killed his Father instantly. Charles always every night pulled up next to Mom’s recliner and they watched TV. together. When I opened the door it was just getting a bit light outside so it was not pitch dark.

Before I entered the hallway I thought what is Charles doing sitting in Mom’s chair in the dark and no television on? Then I noticed his wheelchair was no where around and that was when I knew it was not him. I continued to stand at the entrance of my bedroom door staring at this person sitting in my Mom’s chair. It was a man and all I could see was his profile since he was looking straight ahead toward the television.   The only thing that happened while I was staring was he finally turned and looked at me. I thought I must be standing here dreaming so I closed my eyes and started slapping my face. I then opened my eyes and he was still sitting there and still looking at me.

I slowly closed my door and went to my phone and called my mother in her bedroom on her phone line to tell her someone was in the house. I heard her open her door look around the house then go back to bed. I was driving to school at 15 so I did not see her until that afternoon and both she and Charles said what was the deal?

Charles said after the car accident (he was the driver) he would pull up to his father’s rocking chair in their living room and watch TV while sitting in his wheelchair. He said sometimes the chair would start rocking. We felt like it was Charles’ father sitting in my Mom’s chair. Never saw him again. That was in May 1976, still gives me chills. His Dad had bought him a brand new Mustang Mach 1 and it was his first time to drive it and lost control and slammed into a cement wall at a very fast speed. Charles lost his Dad and a leg

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

I have seen "ghosts" though I consider them spirits.  No, I'm not crazy, these sightings happened over 40 years ago.  Not a scary experience at all.  One of them was my Grandmother and she was very benign. And before all of you say it must have been imagination, etc. there was another person who saw them and I had never met my Grandmother - she died before I was born.

Honored Contributor

Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do! Too many odd happenings throughout my life tht are not explainable!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

No I dont believe in ghosts.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

yes, I have had multiple experiences ie. unexplained footsteps, doors slamming, etc. I worked in an old mansion once and other people besides myself had experiences as well, also lived in a few places where some things happenedl. I have never directly seen a spirit and really don't want to but I know they are around.

Valued Contributor

I will post about the past life regression happening on Sunday.I hope it goes well cause it is $ 225.oo (prepaid) for about 3 hours.For many years I always thought I would let my dad go only if I could have a sign that his beloved grandmother would help him with the transition.I always hoped his grandma would come to me or my close relatives in a dream but it never happened.Then last February I had the call he passed.He was sick and 90 years old.So I flew back home in Italy for the funeral.My dad had a huge picture frame with pictures of dead relatives with dates of birth and passing.I saw it millions of times cause it was in the hallway leading to the kitchen.So i looked at the picture of his grandma and to my surprise they both died on the same day,February 9th!!There are 365 days in a year so I don't believe it was a coincidence.I cried before and during the funeral,but I am at peace now.My dad told mom he saw his father at night 2 months before he passed.I knew when I heard this was not a good thing.When I went to a medium about my dad he said that my dad's father was the one helping him cross over.There are many excellent books about the afterlife.If anyone is interested I can suggest them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I do. I have been experiencing many different things for years. My other family members did, as well. 

The latest apparition that I have seen though, has been that of a cat. I saw one awhile ago, and now I am seeing one again. I don't know if it's the same kitty or not. 

The one that I saw awhile ago, I saw jumping up on one of our beds. You could clearly see its shadowy form.

The one that I just saw, I clearly saw its shadow reflected in the sunlight against our living room blinds. It had been laying on my piano bench near the window, when it decided to jump down from there. I saw its shadow when it jumped off. 

It was not visible, except for seeing its shadow.

I even asked my DH if our kitty was over there, as I wanted to make sure whether or not it was her.

He had just entered the living room, and was on the side where I was at, which was across from the window. He gave me this confused look, and he said that he just saw her in the back bedroom, laying in her favorite spot, and why was I asking? I told him that I saw a cat's shadow by the window on the piano bench, and it jumped down without coimg by to see me-something our cat would never do.

I told him that I thought that it was a "ghost kitty."

The next thing that I knew, there comes our kitty from the back, walking towards me, coming to greet me, like usual.

I had not dusted the piano bench for awhile, and you could clearly see these dusty little paw prints on there, so that is where the ghost kitty must be hanging out.

My current kitty won't lay up on there or go up on there, unless there is a towel covering the bench. She is rather particular in that way. She likes to lay in the sun by the window, but she'll lay on the floor.

I have seen vague shadowy apparitions of this other kitty moving down the hall lately, and in the living room, too, out of the corner of my eye. It moves pretty fast, and with purpose, like it knows where it wants to go. 

Its presence here in our home does not disturb our kitty, so I am thinking that it must be a kitty that she was familiar with, since she is not afraid of it.