Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you believe in ESP? (Not spiritual)

Yes, particularly when I am in vibrant mental health, I seem to be responsive to cues from the world around me, that seem to be foreshadows.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I’ll give you another example, and you’re really going to think I’m crazy!

Every day I see the time on my dresser clock turn to 11:11, both AM and PM.  I could just be walking into the room, or otherwise engaged, so it isn’t as though I’m looking for it. There are only a few days that I see only one, but never that I don’t see either.

Also my last apartment address was 211, and my current apartment address is 2111.

Yes, all could be coincidences, but I sure do have a weird thing with “ones.”

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

No.  I do not believe in any of that kind of thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, well, @LilacTree .  Guess what time I glanced at on my microwave today?  11:11.  And I remarked to myself, that I feel that's good luck.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

About a year before my MIL  and my step mom passed I was laying in bed going to sleep when I had a thought that my MIL would pass from a stroke and step mom would pass in her sleep. 5 months before my MIL passed I had an overwhelming feeling I  needed to write her a letter. I wrote her saying how greatful I was to be a member of her family and not to worry about her son that I would always take care if him. He has polio.That November my MIL passed from a stroke. When I  read that letter now it was a farewell letter. I know she knew this because she was a very spiritual.

The next April my step mom passed in her sleep.

I've had promptings before, but now I pay more attention.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Well, well, @LilacTree .  Guess what time I glanced at on my microwave today?  11:11.  And I remarked to myself, that I feel that's good luck.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

So do I.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wish my powers of conscious reasoning were more finely tuned to sense future events.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I’ve been having a lot more of it lately, e.g., I’ll be thinking about one of my daughters, and she will call.  Things like that.

@LilacTree 

Hi !!!      How'd you get your former name back?  LOL

I think of what you've described as intuition, and it happens all the time ... to me, anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

I’ve been having a lot more of it lately, e.g., I’ll be thinking about one of my daughters, and she will call.  Things like that.

@LilacTree 

Hi !!!      How'd you get your former name back?  LOL

I think of what you've described as intuition, and it happens all the time ... to me, anyway.

@Tinkrbl44 

My only former username was “ford1224,” but I have been Lilac Tree ever since they updated this forum.  I don’t know what other name you are talking about.

Formerly Ford1224
Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree  I had the same thing. In the house we used to live in, I woke up every morning at exactly 2:26 or 2:27 a.m. 

My belief is that we all have ESP but in most of us it is repressed. Most of us have experienced the thinking of someone and they call, etc.

Things like that happen to me a lot. Why can't I ever predict the lottery numbers? Smiley Very Happy