Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you believe animals can see ghosts/spirits?

No, but I don’t believe in ghosts & spirits.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

On a side note, I understand that this thread is focused on animals but through Kirlian Photography, it is shown that plants will respond to human interaction.

I do believe plants have energy.  That's why distillates and extractions are referred to as "spirits".

Valued Contributor

Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

About 12 years ago, we rescued a 7 year old border collie-lab mix.  When we took him for the first time to our home in SC, he refused to sleep and kept pacing in the house.   I ended up sitting in the car for hours so that he could sleep (thank goodness for Sirius XM radio).  When we had to go again, we purchased a soft-sided crate, thinking that it would help.  It did not.  I, once agian, ended up in the car with him so that he could sleep.  The house just had bad karma.  Once he saw our luggage going back into the car to come home, he was fine.  He definitely sensed something in that house.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r wrote:

Yes, I do believe that animals can sense things that we cannot.  Perhaps they can see things as well.  

Agree about sensing things  - when I was battling cancer my BF was my caregiver (I'd chosen a medical team 170 miles RT from my home and family - he was only 20 miles away).  He had a very spastic dog that couldn't sit still for a minute - but if he left the house and be gone for any reason, he'd take the dog out for a walk and before leaving bring the dog into the room I stayed and have her lay on the floor at the foot of my bed.  He'd tell her to "stay until he returned" and leave her a treat.  That dog never moved from that spot unless I got up or if BF opened the front door and called her name.  I've always thought that the dog sensed I was very very sick and was my protector bc she sure didn't listen to him much other times!  

Respected Contributor

My dad spent the last few weeks of his life at home dying of cancer.  Our cat would lay on his bed everyday.  The day my dad died, the cat never went back on that bed.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I don’t think that animals are sensitive to ghosts and spirits. I do think that their senses allow them to see, hear and smell phenomena that humans miss. Just think about this. When the tsunami hit Indonesia and surrounding countries some years ago not a single elephant died. Many elephants  walked to higher ground in advance of the wave. Many shrieked in advance of the wave. They could sense the seismic disruption through their feet. Probably feeling the vibrations through the ground. They could also hear sounds associated with the event. Approximately 200,000 humans lost their lives in the tsumami and the devastating aftermath.