Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe animals can see ghosts/spirits?

One of our dogs walked in the living room staring at something & started growling.

We figured he saw something.

Trusted Contributor

I never really thought about it, but I love the fact that your son has a pig for a pet.  I found this an interesting read.  I guess anything is possible. 

You said he took a video ... was there anything odd that showed up?  I thought ghosts can be seen in pictures and videos.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

I truly believe animals can sense the invisible realm and those who have passed over

just as they can sense a thunder storm approaching or any other natural event.

@Lyttlewyng.   There are changes in the barometric pressure, temperature, sounds and even smells that tell animals of an aporoaching thunderstorm.   That's quite different from sensing a "spirit".  Not a good analogy.

@Kachina624

There are temperature changes with spirit manifestation as well as a shift in the energy vibration and aromas that animals are quite sensitive and respond to with noticeable characteristics.

On a side note, I understand that this thread is focused on animals but through Kirlian Photography, it is shown that plants will respond to human interaction.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Nugbucker wrote:

Here’s a story about my cats. In 2001 my grandmother died very suddenly. I’d grown up just down the block from her so she was a big part of my life and when she passed, I happened to be living in CA (we’re from MN). I was only in town for her funeral for a few days and I felt so terrible having to leave. And I felt terrible being so far from her before she died. The night I got home after her funeral, I was in my bedroom with my two cats, feeling pretty bad and sad. I noticed BOTH of my cats, at the same time, watching something above my bed, their heads slowly moving in unison. I’d never seen them do that before. This went on for some time and later, I mentioned this to my aunt. Her response was very matter of fact. She said that this was my grandmother, wanting to look in on me one more time before she moved on. She believed that. I’d asked my grandmother for her forgiveness earlier that day also, because I really did feel so terrible for not being there before she passed. So maybe my aunt was right. I like to think she was.

I have no doubt that your cats were reacting to your grandmother visiting you.  Their senses are so much keener than ours and I definitely believe they can detect spirits in a room.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I once had a cat who would sit and stare at a wall between the refrigerator and sink/counter, always wondered why he did that.

Valued Contributor

Yes they can. It need not be so scary but for most of us it tends to be because its something we dont understand. When we lived in a townhouse a few years ago, our cat would behave strange. I had already 'sensed' something there. It must've been strange for her and i dont think she was happy there and neither was I. She would run away everytime i would pick up my vitamin bottles and some other things that she wouldnt do before. I personally think it was because there was a male cat around who would come around all the time and he was friendly. My cat didnt want anything to do with him so im sure that she was not happy because of that. So yes, animals are very intelligent and very aware of things that we are not tuned into. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

NO!!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Sue98  It is possible I think.  There is much more to this existence than we can comprehend about the tapestry of life.  

Our noses are pressed too close to what we are trying to see.  In art classes students are told to step away from their work to get some perspective.

To me it is the same when examining the wonders of our lives.  Watch carefully very young infants and toddlers when they still have their innocence and see how as they mature they increasingly are socialized into the norms of their culture.

Esteemed Contributor

My maternal grandparents and my parents all died in home I grew up in.  My sister lives there now and swears weird things happen,lamps suddenly unplugged, feeling like someone sat on the edge of her bed etc. I have never experienced anything when I stay with her.

The morning  Mom died the funeral home had taken her and my sister was on the couch with blinds pulled down. A cousin called about the plans for burial. Mom was ah,,,,, "thrifty". she was being creamated and buried with Dad, also a creamation. Mom was told some silly amount to open the grave to place her creamains. My sister said you have the money for, but she was adamant it was too much. sister was telling our cousin about this when the window blind at the head of the hospital bed Mom was in 2  hours earlier suddenly snap up winding at the top. My sister's response was "She's here, we were talking about money".

Personally, I still don't believe in ghosts. Sister does.  When I see one then I'll believe it. To me dead is dead end of story

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]