Honored Contributor

Re: Do you believe animals can see ghosts/spirits?

I discount anything having to do with ghosts and so-called spirits, especially those being reported by a pig.  My response to the OP's question is a resounding NO.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, I think animals could.  They are built different, and their senses are sharper and more keen than most humans..there are dogs that can sniff cancer in humans.  There is a cat that lives on a hospital.  He goes and sits and then sleeps by those that are ready to die....before the medical staff knows!  Look it up on internet.  That said I dont see why they couldnt see beyond the veil

Honored Contributor

I believe they can see the spirits of the dead.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I truly believe animals can sense the invisible realm and those who have passed over

just as they can sense a thunder storm approaching or any other natural event.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

I truly believe animals can sense the invisible realm and those who have passed over

That's a good way of explaining that phenomena. It says in the Bible, " the dead know nothing", so I have to wonder about the dead, human or animal, hanging around to haunt any place or anyone.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here’s a story about my cats. In 2001 my grandmother died very suddenly. I’d grown up just down the block from her so she was a big part of my life and when she passed, I happened to be living in CA (we’re from MN). I was only in town for her funeral for a few days and I felt so terrible having to leave. And I felt terrible being so far from her before she died. The night I got home after her funeral, I was in my bedroom with my two cats, feeling pretty bad and sad. I noticed BOTH of my cats, at the same time, watching something above my bed, their heads slowly moving in unison. I’d never seen them do that before. This went on for some time and later, I mentioned this to my aunt. Her response was very matter of fact. She said that this was my grandmother, wanting to look in on me one more time before she moved on. She believed that. I’d asked my grandmother for her forgiveness earlier that day also, because I really did feel so terrible for not being there before she passed. So maybe my aunt was right. I like to think she was.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

@Lyttlewyng.   There are changes in the barometric pressure, temperature, sounds and even smells that tell animals of an aporoaching thunderstorm.   That's quite different from sensing a "spirit".  Not a good analogy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

To extend on my earlier text.  Although I don't know if there are ghosts, I do know there are angels that surround us all the time.  Maybe the pig senses angels around your son.  Or, an angel who comes to check in.  I think I saw an angels once.  It was weird.  i didn't like SEE and angel.  Like a vision with wings and a halo, lol.  I I strongly sensed something, and a vision of light for a nano second.  In my mind I knew it was an angel....or the likes. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker-

You described it so well, their movements. 

That is how I remember it too.

I'm sure it was your grandmotherSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lyttlewyng wrote:

@Lyttlewyng.   There are changes in the barometric pressure, temperature, sounds and even smells that tell animals of an aporoaching thunderstorm.   That's quite different from sensing a "spirit".  Not a good analogy.

@Kachina624  Pigs have a very highly developed sense of smell.  They can smell animals nearby that you can't smell, hear or see.  Do I believe animals can sense spirits and ghosts?  No way.  It has become popular to credit animals with a lot of human thoughts that I simply don't believe they think.