Honored Contributor

Re: Do you bake Christmas cookies?

[ Edited ]

I only make 2 types; I used to make 6-8. I discovered that 2 would be gone within a few days and the rest would go stale; why make cookies that no one is going to eat? I simply double the recipe on the other 2 and we're good from Christmas to New Years (which is when I keep cookies around). I DO supplement with Cheryl's and Davids in order to have a variety for guests and because I like something different and this way, I don't have to make them, lol.

My youngest and I make a Gingerbread House each year; it sits out next to the tree. We don't eat it and it's been great to see how his talent and choices have changed each year.  It's a nice tradition we'll do until he chooses not to.

Respected Contributor

Nope. I don't bake anything. My sister bakes tons of them every year and ends up tossing most of them because no one eats them. You'd think she cut back on them, but she must enjoy it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I bake as well and give most of them away as gifts. In the talent department regarding baking, I am average.  My German step-mother was such a talented

baker.

I have enjoyed  reading every reply!

Honored Contributor

I spent a good part of the weekend baking cookies. (and today my back is killing me)

I made:

sugar cut-out

almond flavored spritz

chocolate chip

chocolate with white chips, almonds, & coconut

cranberry, white chip oatmeal

snickerdoodles

peanut butter blossom

Russian (Mexican) tea

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I do! This year I chose these recipes:

Chocolate mocha meringues 

Lemon cookies with cardamom

Chocolate cappuccino cookies

Chai sugar cookies

Chocolate anisette cookies

Peanut butter cookies

2 mini loaves of fruitcake for a Holiday party

For Christmas dessert I'm making a Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake with mini chocolate chips

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

This year I'm doing only 4 varieties.

Toll House

Sugar

Gingerbread Men

Shortbread

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U....I freeze almost ALL cookies...I just wrap them really well and put inside a tin, they are OK for months!

You might consider for next year to prepare the cookie dough in advance, freeze the dough and then have another day with your granddaughter to thaw and bake the cookies....this is what I do with several types of the cookies I do at Christmas.