Super Contributor

Re: Do you answer your phone for “unknown callers”?

NO!. Should not answer those calls, they will continue to call and use a different number...

Respected Contributor

As I freelance from home these days, I can't take calls, even from people I know, though of course I get back to them when I can.  In my area, it is almost always spam.  Especially irritating are the robo calls that are kind of garbled  "YOUR FLOOR, and Clean your RUGS for 10.99 per ROOM."  

These messages do not build confidence....

Trusted Contributor

No. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Esteemed Contributor

that's a Big NO !   Even some people I know if I'm not in the mood to talk,  unless it's important ,  cause I will listen to the message .   I'm so very tired of all these spam calls !

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I answer only known calls, even then I may not answer.

I remind everyone that my phone is for my convenience and not theirs.

@Jacie   I like that 😉

Respected Contributor

We cut the landline 10 years ago and never looked back. I especially don't miss the political campaign calls before elections.

Trusted Contributor

Never! My son has my phone set up for unknown callers,number appears on my tv screen,then picks up to leave a message,they never do that!This works evert time

Trusted Contributor

Never. My contacts are in my phone, so I only answer my cell when I know who is calling. And I only give my cell number to people I know and want to hear from via call or text. 

I still have a land line, it is part of my cable bundle (cheaper to include the land line in the bundle than to order cable and internet a la carte). I give out that phone number to anyone that requires a number (Like QVC). There is a message feature and an itemization of all calls received, so I can always check to see if anyone called that I need to call back.