Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!!! I just have to get in my mind set and do it!! I had to stop walking because the weather here along with the heat index was just too hot. Can't wait to start up again.

Respected Contributor

Eat half works if you throw the half you don't want to eat out before you start eating.  If not, you'll eat the whole thing.

Respected Contributor

Laugh triple..the people I've known who have lived well and longest have had merry spirits.

Short story:  I have a great great aunt (that I actually was lucky enough to know and have a relationship with.)

She lived until 105, healthy (she lived on her own), and always merry to  the end.

She had suffered unimaginable hardships in her life, including living through WW I and II (in France), losing two children and a first husband in the most heartbreaking and tragic ways imaginable, and marrying for a second time to a man who ended up being extremely abusive and alcoholic, and whom she nursed through cancer until he died.

Of all people, she would be someone who I would say definitely had a right to be sour about life.

And yet she was the most loving, spirited, fun person I've ever known.

She always just managed to focus on the happy things in life.  New blooms on her flowers, birds singing, a nice meal shared with loved ones.

I think mental disposition in 90% of everything in life.  Just my opinion.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I do take issue with the "love without measure" part.  There are times in life when one must realistically assess whether a particular relationship is worthy of something like that.  Sometimes one should have reservations.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds good to me ... we should all do this!!!  🌹🌹

Honored Contributor

Only if you add white zen!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you agree with this?

[ Edited ]

@Ms X  I don't believe the Love without Measure part was ment to be a reciprocal kind of love.   YOU are in General to strive to love all things without Expecting love in return.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you agree with this?

[ Edited ]

@candys mine wrote:

@Ms X  I don't believe the Love without Measure part was ment to be a reciprocal kind of love.   YOU are in General to strive to love all things without Expecting love in return.

@candys mine  I truly don't understand what you said.  Can you define "all things" then?  Certainly, when it comes to people (other than children who don't know better), it's not healthy to just love without expecting anything.  This reminds me of the thread about how one must forgive.  That's another pop-psychology nostrum that can be very harmful in certain situations.

Respected Contributor

Yes

Respected Contributor

@Ms X It's not about "Them" in any way.   This saying is solely about what "You" can do.  Do what you can to spread peace to others without expecting the same in return.  It's not about anyone else in the whole wide world.  It's about you and what YOU can do to spread pece, love,joy.  I understand and agree that there are people out there who will do harm.  The saying is not about them.  It is for ones self to strive for the peaceful.