Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you Like all the QVC's???

@Spurt wrote:

Looking back it seems that QVC bought this 2nd channel but didnt quite know what they were going to do with it...........At first they "experimented" on QVC Plus with taping shows instead of live shows (I remember the taped Home With Jill shows).......then they seemed to take bits and pieces of shows/products and air them on QVC Plus as one show which made a choppy mess....  So now it's Q2 with new shows/new hosts---the problems are not on all cable networks and some dont like watching it on the computer, or if you live stream it, you might get charged extra depending on your provider) ...AND QVC merchandise is too limited to support two channels---it's bad enough on one channel where you see the same stuff over and over and now we have 2 channels to show the same things!!!  Beauty IQ was supposed to attract the younger demographic (or so they said in an article I read)....so my question is why have so many beauty shows on the other 2 channels?????????  I know beauty is one of the big seller categories, but one has to reach an OVERSATURATION point!!! 

Conclusion---QVC doesnt show enough variety and unique merchandise to support one channel let alone 3---

----------------------

Exactly  my thoughts.  Have never understood  the reasoning behind the Beauty channel - which I have not seen and have no plans to do so!!  There are so many beauty TSV's and beauty shows on the other two channels.  Just don't see the need...

Honored Contributor

I have not even seen the original Q. two years next month when I canceled my cable service line-up.  Have not missed them a bit much less all these spin off's they have on now.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@febe1,   Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I am not missing much.  One shopping network channel is all I can handle.  Once in a blue moon I check out HSN.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@febe1,   Thanks for the info.  Sounds like I am not missing much.  One shopping network channel is all I can handle.  Once in a blue moon I check out HSN.

You're very welcome, @Katcat1. On my remote menu, the channels are 315, 316, 317, 318 with the program, so I can very easily see how they're rotating products. 316 is Evine.