Honored Contributor

Re: Do we have to have an announcement everytime

Sure they often have advantages such as access to testing because of their celebrity but when you think of all the exposure they have to people and travel that the average person does not have it makes sense.  If the basketball players had not been tested just think of all those they might have already infected or would have infected if all sports would not have been shut down.  If someone took a selfie with a celebrity they then should have known to self quarantine.  

Esteemed Contributor

It upsets me that every celebrity, and entire sports teams, can get tested while average citizens who are sick and showing symptoms can not.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

It certainly shows in this time of test shortages who is allowed to get tested, the rich and famous. So what else is new?

Yep - doesn't seem to be a shortage of testing for them.

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@sunala  Since I live in the District of Columbia, and not a state, we have Mayor Muriel Bowser, but no Governor.  Living here makes for some peculiar situations.  One minute you are on city property but step two feet over and you are in federal territory.  We have an elected Senator and a Congressperson, but neither has voting power.

So, I've adopted Governor Cuomo and have been watching his briefings on one of the cable stations that shows at least a good part of his time each morning.

I hope nobody in NY state minds my "adopting" him.

Warm regards,

aroc3435  

@aroc3435- how nice to hear! You are welcome to share Governor Cuomo with us. He is truly the voice of reason. He doesn't blabber, he doesn't repeat the same words ten times, and I believe he is doing everything he can for his state and his country. Good luck to you and yours.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett