Honored Contributor

Re: Do we have to have an announcement everytime

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

Maybe it will help stop all those selfish and idiotic youth from frolicking on Florida 's beaches.  

No, wrong again.

@Chicagosuburbangirl Apparently the adults aren't acting appropriately, IMO.

I wonder why the health officials don't close the beaches and quarantine the towns.  Probably the magic dollar.

Honored Contributor

Guess I missed the announcement.  Who's the latest celeb?

Honored Contributor

There is a young girl (20's) in a hospital near here, and apparently they're having trouble getting her tested. I haven't heard yet of any celebrities having a problem. 

We have at least one person in the hospital near us. DD's friend knows two of the nurses in the ER there. Their advice: STAY HOME! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady wrote:

It certainly shows in this time of test shortages who is allowed to get tested, the rich and famous. So what else is new?

My daughter and I had this very discussion today.She vehemently agrees with you, and becomes rather upset while discussing it! I just softly remind her that unfortunately it is just another example of the privilege of wealth, and that although I understand her passion, she should try not let it bother her so.

There are just TOO many more important things to call attention to relating to this pandemic.

~~~All we need is LOVE and HUGS today💖🤗

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Enough of hearing about it 24-7 on the news, here .... enough.

@rms1954- do you have an OFF button on your remote? Shut it off if you don't like it. I want to hear the latest news. Not every minute, but our NY Governor, Andrew Cuomo, has a press conference every day at around 11:00 AM. I like to hear what he has to say, as things are changing several times a day. He speaks and then answers questions for about a half hour, and then I watch the news at noon to hear about NYC, Long Island, the state, the country and the world, and then I'm done until around 5:00 when I check up to see if anything has changed.

Sometimes I bury my head in the sand but not this time. All our lives are at stake. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

An NFL coach and an actor from Hawaii Five O.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

An NFL coach and an actor from Hawaii Five O.

As @JaneMarple posted - the coach is Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints. The results of his test came back Thursday afternoon. The actor is Daniel Dae Kim, who played Chin Ho on Hawaii 5-0 and Jin-Soo on Lost. He had been in NYC filming and when production shut down, returned to his home in Hawaii. He also revealed he was positive Thursday. 

Respected Contributor

@sunala  Since I live in the District of Columbia, and not a state, we have Mayor Muriel Bowser, but no Governor.  Living here makes for some peculiar situations.  One minute you are on city property but step two feet over and you are in federal territory.  We have an elected Senator and a Congressperson, but neither has voting power.

So, I've adopted Governor Cuomo and have been watching his briefings on one of the cable stations that shows at least a good part of his time each morning.

I hope nobody in NY state minds my "adopting" him.

Warm regards,

aroc3435  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

Yeah ... they haven't mentioned the fires in Australia in ages!   I doubt they are all out.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

This whole situation breaks my heart.  I feel bad for all those who are suffering who can't get a test and/or treatment.  I'm worried about my elderly dad since I can't see him every day now.

All the news reminds me of 9/11 when it was non-stop for 10+ days.  It scared and stressed out a lot of people with constant reporting.  

I'd like to see federal and state politicians and those working with them to get to the point in their reports.  I don't want to hear bragging and patting themselves on the back.  I want facts and transparency.

I have to remain sane since I'm stuck at home as part of the higher risk group.  I turn to non-mainstream tv channels because it gets to be too much at times. I listen to music. I pray. I talk with friends by phone.  I walk my dog 3-4 times a day.  I'm looking forward to nice weather so I can work in my yard.  And my sons will do my grocery shopping.