Regular Contributor
Posts: 210
Registered: ‎03-29-2010

Do we have legal recourse against contractor/subcontrac. after living in home for 3 yrs?

I have lived in my brand new house for 3 yrs...and have had problem after problem with plumbing leaks. Since i moved in permanently in 2010 I have had to call a plumber for leaky pipes 5 times and counting. I called the contractor after the first leak and he told me he was done with this house after his first year since I bought it in 2009 and couldn't help me.

My question is: can we sue him (the contractor)or his plumbing contractor for defective plumbing? and if so what kind of attorney would I need? I was under the impression that when we close on a house we give up the right to sue for defects...don't know what to do.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View