Contributor

Re: Do u get Sunday night blues?

Yes and with me it starts early in the afternoon on Sunday.  I started a new job in May and I hate it.  I have to travel for work tomorrow until Wednesday then I'm resigning on Friday.  I'm 56 and plan to retire when I'm 61 and can't wait!  I'm tired of the daily routine, feeling rushed on the weekends to grocery shop, plan meals, do laundry, clean.  Seems like there isn't enough time to just do nothing!  

Esteemed Contributor

@tarsmom @You are so right! Having a job means you WILL have stress, have to deal with annoying people sometimes, and it takes up your time and energy. They pay us for taking care of things and those characteristics come with the package. Good Reminder!

Respected Contributor

Most people who work feel those blues because the circle goes round and round again.

This weekend was a longer weekend because you did not get to do what you needed to have done.

You missed that time for yourself, after errands and chores.  Everyone needs me time. Everyone needs to vent sometimes too!

Respected Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

Since retirement I do not ever get the Sunday blues as I used to.  In fact I love the week days when things are calm and the stores not as crowded, when there is peace and quiet and I can do whatever I wish.  My girlfriends and I get together for lunch and it is so nice to have that time to do so, no rush, just fun.

Valued Contributor

@spiderw  Isn't wonderful!!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

At least I have

Good Witch!!! (short season, but still.....)
Respected Contributor

Since I've retired? No. Not at all.

While I was still working? I don't know if it was the blues, but if I wasn't traveling on Sunday afternoon so that I could be where I needed to be on Monday morning, I was working at home, getting ready for the week and pretty antsy. I rarely slept more than a couple of hours on Sunday night. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Super Contributor

I am not thrilled with my current work situation..so yes, I get moody and many times have trouble sleeping on Sundays. It is especially bad in the winter when it is dark by 5 or 6PM. My anxiety is on overdrive right now so not feeling real great on this Sunday evening.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Esteemed Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Since retirement I do not ever get the Sunday blues as I used to.  In fact I love the week days when things are calm and the stores not as crowded, when there is peace and quiet and I can do whatever I wish.  My girlfriends and I get together for lunch and it is so nice to have that time to do so, no rush, just fun.

We feel the same way about the weekdays.  Love going to lunch or dinner during the week when the restaurants aren't crowded, plus try to do all our shopping and errands too.