Honored Contributor

Do the things that you swipe ink over print work? They sell them here on Q.

I don't know what they are called, but you swipe them across your name and address and other words on documents, magazines, envelopes, boxes to hide the words for security. Do these things work? What else can you tell me about them? 

Super Contributor

Re: Do the things that you swipe ink over print work? They sell them here on Q.

yes, generally. they don't fully cover 'slippery' paper such as some of the shipping labels (UPS,). depends on the brand and what the paper is. sometimes I go over in 2 directions. for most mail, very nice coverage.

got one from the Am place that is refillable. much easier to swipe over addresses than cutting, tearing or firing up the shredder. happy I got one. 

Trusted Contributor

They work great.  The newer ones do work over shiny surfaces like magazines and catalogs. I have used them for many years.  If it is a form with a ton of info on it I just shred it but if it just has my name on it, I swipe over it. 

Respected Contributor

The one's I have were ordered maybe a year or so ago. I wanted to swipe across the label's on medication bottles however you can still see the information and same is true when I swipe thru shipping labels.  For me no they didn't work.  I would never purchase again.

Contributor

I purchased the brand sold on QVC and I can't recommend.  The day that I opened it, it worked well.  It even covered magazine paper.  You could still see the print on medicine bottles if you looked hard enough.  

After that first day of use, the ink began drying out so it was lighter until it completely dried.  If you want to cover everything the day you open the ink it may work well, but for me, it was useless after that first day. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a few sets and I am generally happy with them. You just have to test to see if it covers. Some surfaces just will not cover and then I cut it up or shred.

Respected Contributor

I got a set yesterday and they were faint and could still see info under it.  I had to swipe several times.  I am hoping they were on their side in shipping and will do better now that they are standing up.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have one from the big A.

It works fine, but when it wears out I'm going just use a big black marker.

Honored Contributor

I found that you can still read through them.  I tossed mine.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  The only thing my Identity Protection Rollers work on is plain paper. Everything else seems to be 'coated' and my rollers are useless on them. 

F/N/A luvstogarden