Honored Contributor

Re: Do the things that you swipe ink over print work? They sell them here on Q.

The two that I got from the Q about 2 yrs ago, do still work for me.  I even use it to continue to cover info of some of the old paperwork of the folks' I'm still weeding out.  

Honored Contributor

We just use a super-size black ink Sharpie if needed.

We shred most everything with our names.

Some labels we remove and also shred between 2 pieces of paper if the labels were sticky and glossy.

Just prefer to shred when possible.

I think those swipe things make a good gift for a swap though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Yes, they work.  I recently bought a set of three.  I can now recycle things that I used to put in the trash because I was worried about personal info. 

I've  been using one for about a month and there's still lots of ink in it.  I'd say a set of three should last a year or more 

Respected Contributor

I think they work.  I bought 1 from Amazon a few years ago because I didn't need a set of 3 or 4 from QVC.  Still works fine.

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you why I like the markers....I get so much junk mail on a daily basis that my shredder overheats....  Ive even opted out on company websites for all solicitations including mail to cease but still get TONS of junk daily ---its downright ridiculous....I think companies I regularly do business with sell my info...including Bath & Body Works....but I like the coupons, so I'm stuck...(they mispelled my name when the Rep entered my info in their system so I know they are one of the culprits the mispelling is on the mailed coupons and same with other solicitations).......And Ive written to chairities and BEGGED them to take my name off their mailing lists, but they ignore my requests Woman Frustrated ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered one from the Q a few years ago and was very disappointed.  I rolled it in different directions and it completely covered whatever I wanted covered.  If you just looked at it straight on, the writing seemed to be gone.  But if you turned it different ways in the light, everything could still be read clearly.   This happened with prescription bottles and with mailing labels on boxes I wanted to put out for recycling.  Since those were the main uses I bought the roller for, I tossed it.  We shred most other things.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I have rarely seen a good review for these things. I use a black permanent marker or better yet, use my shredding scissors if it is just a small label I want to discard. So many slick-surfaces on pkgs I order and nothing works on them, so I have to cut up with scissors; they can’t go through the shredder