Honored Contributor

Re: Do people really buy at these prices?

[ Edited ]

They are selling it so obviously people buy it.  From the looks, they sell a lot of it.  I don't eat beef and hubby would probably prefer a restaurant experience for his Wagyu steak.

Regular Contributor

@KKJ , Have you ever tasted it? I'm curious to know what the difference in flavor is, or if it's all about the tenderness?

Honored Contributor

I'd like to but it's unaffordable for us. I do get the frozen Grassfed Waygu Burger Patties at Costco.  That's the only Waygu item that will fit our budget.  

Honored Contributor

Only the average POOR American suffers... the many rich are not suffering AT ALL.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I know my kids eat meat that I wouldn't buy due to the price. Actually, we eat fish that is $30.00 a pound, but that's because of health reasons. I refuse to pay a lot for something that eventually may clog more of my arteries than are already clogged.😄

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep telling Walmart that $4.98 per pound for loose sweet onions is a computer input error. They say it's correct. Loose yellow onions are $1.19/pound.

****Price dropped today to $4.48/pound!!! Be still my beating heart.

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@NigelSparkles 

Quit eating meat in the mid 1970's, but!  If it something is over $.99 a pound? This people does not buy it.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

I live by myself so I buy whatever I feel like eating. Beef, chicken,  lamb chops, or seafood aren't that expensive for single portions, although those Japanese beef cubes would be a little much! I'll stick with domestic, thanks!

Respected Contributor

@NigelSparkles wrote:

@KKJ , Have you ever tasted it? I'm curious to know what the difference in flavor is, or if it's all about the tenderness?

No I haven't, but then I'm not much of a steak eater. He claims it's better and much more tender and flavorful and worth the $$$ to him.

Honored Contributor

All that fat makes me 🤢