Respected Contributor

Re: Do people really buy at these prices?

Gonebutnotforgotten they are not friends. It is obvious that people are buying these products otherwise why would they make them.
Respected Contributor

I must say I found @GoneButNotForgotten's post puzzling.

"Dr. Pol and his minions"?  What?  He's a vet and he takes care of animals. I know many farmers and have been to their farms and they take very good care of their cows. They are not mistreated, but yes they do end up going to slaughter. But as I said before, they are raised for meat & milk, they're not pets.

Valued Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@SharkE   We went to local giant eagle on Saturday, down the condiments aisle I looked at Duke's (brand mayo) 32oz jar for

$8.99

After I gasped outloud I said outloud  "you've got to be kidding me" !!!

I left it on the shelf.  

DUKES IS WHAT I BUY.....IT IS 1/2 that amount at Amazon (free shipping) or WAS A MONTH AGO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Costco has the leanest ground beef at the best price I have seen...$3.99 lb for 90/10. They also have good prices on steaks and roasts, but they are so huge I don't buy them very often unless doing a big meal for lots of people.; they also sell bison meat but I am not that brave. The prime steaks are really good but haven't bought them in a long time. I just buy beef that often. You can get wagyu and other expensive beef there as well. Not in my budget for sure. 

Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I WOULDN'T eat ANY of tthat beef, even if it were FREE.  ALL of it LOOKS GROSS.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I couldn't believe one can of chili beans is allmost 2 bucks !

used to be Bush's was 89 cents.

Hope things go back to normal eventually.

Unfortunately, once something goes up in price, it seldom comes back down.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Respected Contributor

It's up to other people what they choose to eat. A long timeago I decided to not eat lamb anymore and I'm getting close to do the same thing with cow-meat.

Respected Contributor

Yes, people do buy at those prices, along with the outrageous prices here at the Q.  As stated by many before, If people didn't buy they would not make/produce them.  My husband and I have tasted the Japanese beef.  There is no comparison.  More tender, flavorful and lean. Superior. 

There has been inflation multiple times before and will be inflation in the future. It is part of life. We made it back before, we will make it back again.

Trusted Contributor

As those of us who have watched QVC Gourmet Holiday shows and wonder who buys food at these prices knows - Yes there is someone who will buy it.  Not me but someone will.