Honored Contributor

Re: Do men really get nervous when seeing someone they might like?

Not enough information, IMO.

For all we know, he didn't want to be recognized by this woman.  It might not have been "attraction" at all ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilith1 wrote:

LOL I don't know his age but my impression was that he got nervous. I thought it was cute and wanted read others' opinions. He doesn't seem to be immature nor a bad person.

Do you know this man?  It doesn't sound as though you do, so I wonder how you could tell if he was immature or a bad person.  Appearance means nothing.

I'm confused about this story too.  But to answer the question:  Some men get nervous and others don't.  It's the same with women - some do, some don't.  I think any other answer would be a huge generalization.

Trusted Contributor

? ... This story is a bit confusing ... and the various comments are too ... 

so, I will just sit here drinking my cold lemonade while the rest of you sort out this story. Woman LOL I'll check back later ... Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've dated two men who live in my development and when they are out with their new girlfriend (or now wife in one case), they get that petrified look if they see me as if I will go up to them and talk to them and then they will have to explain who I am.

I never understood this mentality in men or women.  For the men, we had adult relationships that ended on friendly terms and for the women, one would assume that at 40+ years old, it's likely these men have dated other women before.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

After only reading the O/P's very first post, seems as though the man who hid in the greenery didn't have the time to talk with perhaps a 'chatty cathy'.   I had a neighbor around here, many, many years ago, who I would walk around to another block when I didn't have enough time to stop and chat with her.  She would go on and on, for at least a half hour.  One day, she saw me (from a long distance) take a fast turn to another block and was very angry with me when I ran into her the next time.  Oh, well.   In those days I was on a strict schedule.  Now I have more time to stop and chat with various people on various blocks. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

To me, this sounds like a situation where the man saw someone that he did not want her to see HIM, so he did a quick avoidance maneuver. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's the way I read it.  He saw her and his first reaction was he didn't want her to see him for whatever reason.

@DottieBlue wrote:

To me, this sounds like a situation where the man saw someone that he did not want her to see HIM, so he did a quick avoidance maneuver. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam