Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do men really get nervous when seeing someone they might like?

In what age range are these people?  

Maybe, just maybe, he didn't want HER to see HIM and, as someone else said, didn't want to start a conversation.

Mature men don't behave like this IMO.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

we still dont even know what he actually did to even try to speculate

@JobGirl

As if that's ever stopped us before!!  Smiley LOL

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I think some men do get nervous and do stupid stuff when they see a women they are interested in. Not all men are as confident about how to approach women and not all think they are God's gift. 

Honored Contributor

I find it rather charming when a man gets a little flustered like that.

(Whether or not this was the deal with the guy falling into, over, or moving away towards, the bushes).

Honored Contributor

Sounds like one of those Tova stories where someone would call in and talk about how men were walking into walls because of their wearing Tova. LOL

Occasional Contributor

LOL I don't know his age but my impression was that he got nervous. I thought it was cute and wanted read others' opinions. He doesn't seem to be immature nor a bad person.

Honored Contributor

I think the secret lies somewhere within that bush.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@JaneMarple, those type of occurrences over the years while out and about with this friend have been so common, I just assumed that is what the OP was talking about.    I have seen some hysterical things over the years while out with her.  But this friend is so clueless...she would argue a blue streak with you that she is just an average person.  She once got upset when I brought it up to her and asked me how I didn't know the guy didn't trip because of something else or that it was me.  Uhhh....that would be a "NO".  lol   lol 

And she's humble, too. She sounds like a wonderful person. 

Trusted Contributor

There have been times I'm out shopping or getting groceries or whatever and I see someone I know and I do not want to stop to talk to them. So I have been known to go out of my way to avoid running into them. 

I think we all have reasons for not wanting to run into someone on certain days. 

Respected Contributor

@Lilith1 wrote:

LOL I don't know his age but my impression was that he got nervous. I thought it was cute and wanted read others' opinions. He doesn't seem to be immature nor a bad person.

How on earth could you know whether or not he was immature or a "bad person" by his stumble into the bushes?

The story only makes sense if the OP is "this woman" and she's trying to find out if this guy was attracted to her. Otherwise, it makes absolutely no sense to post about such a thing happening other people, and to solicit opinions on what it could mean.

Sheesh.