Respected Contributor

Re: Do holiday candies tempt you?

Normally Easter candy holds little appeal. I think of it all as Peeps, jellybeans, and crummy chocolate rabbits. But on Tuesday I got an email from "Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes" with a hack for the Cadbury Creme Egg. These are egg-shaped, chocolate-covered sugar bombs that have white filling with a yellow center, so they look like eggs.

The recipe is a diabetic's nightmare, but I can't get it out of my head. If I knew anyone who'd eat these things, I'd make them just for the fun of seeing if I could do it.

Respected Contributor

Nope. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and I have made huge strides in breaking my sugar "addiction" so I didn't buy any candy or Easter, I've eaten any.  I did not make the big Easter basket this year.  Honestly, after being off sugar for 9 months, I didn't crave any candy.  I specifically asked friends not to bring candy when they come for Easter dinner.  I'm not a total Easter scrooge....there will be an Easter cake and a chocolate bunny for the two little girls who will be there.  I'm making a nice fruit platter for those like me, who don't want to eat cake.  

Respected Contributor

I am not into the candies of Easter, but I make up for that with the cookies of Christmas and the holidays! 

Respected Contributor

I was hoping to win the three foot tall chocolate bunny from the chocolate shop near me, but I guess I didn't, no one called 😢DARN !

Honored Contributor

That's it, I need to go to bed.  I read the word CANDLES in the title and thought "these people are crazy."  

Valued Contributor

I'm not a gourmet candy fan, just a Hershey bar once in a while @ Kroger register is all I need,UNTIL March, we have a local candy company here that makes the best Easter eggs, & the one I cannot resist is their opera cream egg, dipped in white chocolate..last year I managed to save one until July, this year I am buying 2, get 1 free 🐇.everytime I go to the store..cannot resist! I have a great hiding place that my husband won't find! 

Respected Contributor

I'm not tempted by the normal chocolates and eggs during the Easter season.

I did succumb to the bag of all black jelly beans though.

LOVE black licorice!     Woman Very Happy

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

All candy tempts me.  Doesnt matter if it is holiday candy, or a 10 year old skittle found in the bottom of my purse

Trusted Contributor

I like to have candy during the holidays.

We try and pick some up when it goes on sale.

All that we got for Easter was a small bag of chocolate eggs. That's it.

I've been trying to watch what I eat across the board, too--sugar and sodium especially, and it has been having a positive effect.