Trusted Contributor

Re: Do holiday candies tempt you?

Yes, that's why I wait until the last minute to buy kids Easter basket fillers.

Honored Contributor

I was out shopping yesterday, and I had to steer clear of the candy displays. It's not so much that I love sweets, it is a particular one, dark chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. If I could stop at one ,it would be ok, but portion control is not  one of the kitty's strengths. Chocolate and marshmallow is my catnip. LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

No, I'm not a candy person

I have other temptations I try to stay away from 😩

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Nope. Smiley Happy

@Preds - I think your signature is hilarious! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm not that big on chocolate. A dark chocolate truffle occasionally is good. Otherwise, I prefer crunchy things like Jordan almonds.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

The next time I go to Walmart, I need to get a package of Hershey's chocolate covered marshmallow eggs.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of candy at all.

Not much of a sweet tooth, but occasionally a little cake (not with frosting though) or pastry is more than enough sweets for me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@addymarie, sorry, I have candles on my mind. I was looking at Easter candles yesterday. You were asking about candies. Some of them looked luscious but I was able to resist.

Honored Contributor

No. I just have no desire for candy. Probably have not had candy since I quit smoking 25 years ago when I started  to eat  red raspberry twister licorice sticks to replace cigarettes... gained 20 pounds doing it.  But, I  quit smoking, and quit licorice sticks soon after that  as well and in the end  came out for the better. Have not had candy since.

I ate a lot of candy as a child... in the 60's we would go to the 7-11 and buy bags of candy and just walk and eat it!  Do yard work or odd jobs with friends in the summer just to get money to go spend on candy at 7-11!

I do like sweet tastes... just do not crave candy anymore as an adult.  I think because I know it is not good for us, it makes me also not want to eat it. I do eat some fruit sometimes, and sweeten my beverages with stevia only. 

Honored Contributor

no