Super Contributor

Re: Do dogs really go to heaven?

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss of your dear companion. To answer your question, yes, of course they go to heaven. It wouldn't be heaven without them, would it?
Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2014 Tissyanne said: My sweet little docile Sugarbear (kitty) is in heaven. I believe our beloved pets are in that most special place, otherwise we would never be at peace when we leave this earth. In my father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you. If it were not so I would have told you. Nantucket, I know how much it hurts to let our furbabies go, but we are releasing them to a better place where they can be whole once again.

I agree. They are whole now and waiting for us. We can take comfort in that though we still miss them greatly.

Respected Contributor

I am a 'sensitive"" and I saw the ghost of 2 of my dogs. My St Bernard that died when his hart gave out during a violent epileptic fit. I saw his ghost that night and for a few weeks later ( so did others in my family) And I saw my basset hound so yes i believe our pets have souls and move on to a better place after death.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/20/2014 kcladyz said:

I am a 'sensitive" and I saw the ghost of 2 of my dogs. My St Bernard that died when his hart gave out during a violent epileptic fit. I saw his ghost that night and for a few weeks later ( so did others in my family) And I saw my basset hound so yes i believe our pets have souls and move on to a better place after death.

Years ago when my daughter was small I saw the ghost of her beloved cat Rocky. The cat had not come back one night (we used to STUPIDLY leave him outside sometimes) and for months afterward my daughter would say she could see him behind her in the full length mirror. I'd tell her she was just wishing he was there because he was probably gone for good. Then as she was walking into the bathroom there he was walking behind her!! He was transparent but I KNOW what I saw. It was just a fleeting glimpse, but something I will never ever forget.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

On 3/30/2014 nantucket shore said:

thank you everyone!

I know he's in a good place, he was suffering and no more pain. I really had a hard time giving him pain medication, that's just not fair to mask it. His legs just gave up and although the mind was there, the body wasn't.

Right now I think I'm the only one who lost a pet but I know better, it doesn't make it hurt any less but knowing I did the right thing and he did bring me a decade of joy. I will celebrate how wonderful of a pet he was, the joy he brought me, the joy he brought to my customers and the 2 guys who walked in my store years ago that he barked at (never at anyone else), he knew something was wrong with them. He was also my protector, customers who talked with their arms and possible shop lifters. I loved him and he loved me...goodbye my friend.

Nantucket I believe they do, I feel my past cats all watching over me, my last kitty was 19 when she passed and the same way, we were at my sisters and came home found her lying under the coffee table where she was when we left, 'mind there but body not'

She was also diabetic, had been with me since 7-8 weeks old through many of my life traumas. I volunteer with a dog rescue group and truly believe she knew Sophie was in the wings and would be a good match to help me where she couldn't. She's up with our others watching over us and smiling down.

I also 'felt' Sneakers one time years after his death lying on me when I was waking after a procedure. I woke feeling warm and safe, not scared at all.

Frequent Contributor

I recently lost my lil Shih Tzu - she was almost 21 years old. She died peacefully in my arms while I was rocking her. For the past two years she needed care 24/7. We never left her side. I was raised with pets being buried in the back yard. It was impossible with the weather this year - so she was creamated and lives on a corner wall shelf in my living room in an oak box with her picture on it between a small potted plant and flameless candle. Don't think I'm kookiie but she has been back to visit us twice that I noticed. One time I was taking a video and on that video was an orb (ball of lite a/k/a spirit). This orb floated to my husband, floated to me and then floated to her resting place. Another time i was asleep around 2:00 in the morning when I heard her whine like she did when she needed to be changed or fed. I woke up and listened to her for a few seconds and then my two other dogs heard her and ran to her bed. I use to be skeptical - but I am now a true believer
Occasional Contributor

If they do, I hope I go there too. I miss my babies.

Honored Contributor

Brodie, my cairn terrier, went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. {#emotions_dlg.crying} However, he's on his way to heaven. Brodie was a marvelous therapy dog.

Yes, I believe our pets go to heaven too.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 AnikaBrodie said:

Brodie, my cairn terrier, went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. {#emotions_dlg.crying} However, he's on his way to heaven. Brodie was a marvelous therapy dog.

Yes, I believe our pets go to heaven too.

I am so sorry to hear this (((HUGS)))!