Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do dogs really go to heaven?

Yes!!! Of course!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Contributor

I am so sorry about the loss of your dog, Nantucket. One of my favorite quotes is from Robert Louis Stevenson: "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Respected Contributor

Nan, go ahead and cry and cry. Time will lessen the deep sadness. Your dear pup is gone, but one thing that is not gone is your love for him. Be gentle with your self.
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss Nantucket. I believe they do. I still get teary when I think about my sweet girl Lady, who we had to have put down a few years ago, and now we have 3 other ones. Just try to take comfort in knowing he is not in pain, and also in thinking of the love and care your showed him while he was with you. I am sure he knew he was loved.

Regular Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Many of us have had this happen and we know how searing the pain in your heart is. Your sweet babe knew a lifetime of love and took that love with them. We are so blessed to have had these sweet ones to share a life with. As you go through these days let yourself grieve and then the day will come when precious memories come back to make you smile. Cyber Hugs.

JLLH-I LOVE those Gary Kurz books. They have helped me so much.

Respected Contributor

thank you everyone!

I know he's in a good place, he was suffering and no more pain. I really had a hard time giving him pain medication, that's just not fair to mask it. His legs just gave up and although the mind was there, the body wasn't.

Right now I think I'm the only one who lost a pet but I know better, it doesn't make it hurt any less but knowing I did the right thing and he did bring me a decade of joy. I will celebrate how wonderful of a pet he was, the joy he brought me, the joy he brought to my customers and the 2 guys who walked in my store years ago that he barked at (never at anyone else), he knew something was wrong with them. He was also my protector, customers who talked with their arms and possible shop lifters. I loved him and he loved me...goodbye my friend.

Honored Contributor

Yes, we will see our animals in heaven. Consider this. If God took animals into Noah's Ark 2 by 2 (book of Genesis) he must have loved and wanted to save them. Otherwise, why would he do that?

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and I certainly do believe we will be with our fur babies again in Heaven.I saw my kitty one night,1 year after he passed away.I was awake,it wasn't a dream,saw him clear as day.We just have to be lonely for them for a while but they will be waiting for us.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

I sure hope so, I have to think all my pets are there together. Now I'm crying too.
Valued Contributor

Nantucket, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know your heart hurts so much, and it will be hard to go to work without your dearest friend, but I hope that when customers ask about him it will help you to grieve to talk about him with others that care enough to ask.

I believe dogs, cats and all those we love will be waiting for us in heaven, and I love that poem that Doxie shared.

Sending you a warm hug this morning and prayers to help get you though today.