Honored Contributor

Re: Do dogs really go to heaven?

Well since I haven't been there yet to confirm your question, I have to believe the answer is yes.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for your lost. We just lost our Sandy and our Max.. And to answer your question .. Yes, all animals go to heaven.

Regular Contributor

Yes, Yes and Yes. The good Lord takes care of his fur babies, all of them. I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts are with you. I know your baby is with all of my babies and probably sneaking extra treats. Take good care.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry, Nantucket. Yes, I believe they go to heaven (cats, too!) I remember reading a book years ago where the author died, but was revived. He said he was going towards the light and he saw his favorite little black dog that he had as a boy. When I read that, I became a believer.

I still cry over losing my first mini schnauzer, who went to the Bridge in 1991. {{hugs}}

Honored Contributor

To be honest, I just don't know for sure. I mean, it's a wonderful thought to believe that they do, but I don't believe pets/animals have souls like we do. They don't have the same kind of logic and don't make the same kind of reasoned choices. Even so, we know that not one sparrow falls to the ground without God knowing about it. If a person wants to believe their beloved pets go to Heaven, I don't think it hurts anything if it provides them with some level of comfort. If a Believer gets to Heaven and his dog or cat isn't there, I don't think they're going to mind because Heaven will be glorious and all it's intended to be, and no one who arrives there is going to complain.

Honored Contributor

Nantucket - I'm very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the pain and anguish you are feeling. Let the tears flow for a time, but then find comfort and joy in the memories of your beloved companion. Sending you a cyberhug.

Honored Contributor

My sweet little docile Sugarbear (kitty) is in heaven. I believe our beloved pets are in that most special place, otherwise we would never be at peace when we leave this earth. In my father's house are many mansions. I go to prepare a place for you. If it were not so I would have told you. Nantucket, I know how much it hurts to let our furbabies go, but we are releasing them to a better place where they can be whole once again.
Super Contributor

I choose to believe they do. Even all the poor little animals I see hit on the road.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Yes they do! My boxer Elvis is waiting for me.

Honored Contributor

If animals don't go to heaven then sorry to say I'd have to question whether or not one really exists...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...