Trusted Contributor

Re: Do Your Glasses Fog Up When Wearing a Mask?

It's strange - sometimes they fog up, sometimes they don't.   Hate when they fog up when I'm in Shop Rite though, lol.   Woman Tongue

Trusted Contributor

Living in a colder climate its bad enough to experience this every winter.  Wearing a mask has just made it worse.  Ugh  I get so mad.  Honestly I've started to just start taking the mask off for awhile while shopping.  Especially if no one is near my anywway.  I'm not talking to anyone so I'm not passing any germs around.  Also COVID went through my house in Oct/Nov.  At this time we are safe from infecting others.

Don't anyone come back and be all high and mighty telling me I need to wear my mask all the time.  

Honored Contributor

I have the eyeglass problem and DH has to be so careful with his hearing aids.

Honored Contributor

I bought Optix 55 Fog Gone spray on Amazon and it works.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

I learned about earrings the hard way.  Smiley Happy 

Got home from church, went into the bedroom to change into "home" clothes, reached up to remove my earrings and one was missing.

I haven't a clue when or where it went missing.  I had made a few stops before and after church .... walking!

But it's not the first one I've ever lost!  I have a box of orphan earrings.  Both pre-mask losses and post-mask losses.

This was a really nice vintage Irwin Pearl "hugger."

------------------------------------------------

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ALRATIBA be careful taking the mask off if you are outside that you don't pull your hearing aid out and not notice it gone.

Same for earrings!  One day I pulled out the back piece from a pair of posts.  Fortunately, I was at home so I was able to find it.  Whew!  

Honored Contributor

There is a glasses defogger on Amazon called Cat C  rap 

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

Living in a colder climate its bad enough to experience this every winter.  Wearing a mask has just made it worse.  Ugh  I get so mad.  Honestly I've started to just start taking the mask off for awhile while shopping.  Especially if no one is near my anywway.  I'm not talking to anyone so I'm not passing any germs around.  Also COVID went through my house in Oct/Nov.  At this time we are safe from infecting others.

Don't anyone come back and be all high and mighty telling me I need to wear my mask all the time.  

Thanks for being so caring for others.....NOT.  "Ugh" indeed.

Honored Contributor

My glasses do not fog up.  I wear KN 95 masks and disposable medical masks, both have let the user cinch the nose area so your breath doesn't escape upward.  If that makes any sense.  And I don't spend much time out and and about so I don't wear a mask for very long.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

My glasses do not fog up.  I wear KN 95 masks and disposable medical masks, both have let the user cinch the nose area so your breath doesn't escape upward.  If that makes any sense.  And I don't spend much time out and and about so I don't wear a mask for very long.  

I made some for my two nephews with the nose guard and they said it really works. I can see why.