Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Worry About Posters?

Refresh my memory @puttypiesmom

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Refresh my memory @puttypiesmom

It went badly @cherry. That's all I'm saying.  If you see a similar discussion, may I make a suggestion???   Run!  

Honored Contributor

Honestly no, this board is too big and at times very unfriendly to become vested the lives of others, I know the names and read the posts but it ends there.

I was aware of the passing of Cardinal Girl, but most others are just letters on the screen, sorry if I sound uncaring, I  am not I am also not going to get involved in a strangers life.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Maybe literally 2-3 people as far as genuinely worry.

Feel bad/sad for a few, follow their trials and tribulations and offer sympathy - yes, absolutely.

But as another poster said, I don’t generally get truly emotionally involved with strangers. I’m an introvert; it takes a lot before I trust someone, we let each other in, trust each other and bond. I’ve never been, and will never be, a person who has overwhelming compassion and love for all of humanity, regardless. It’s not in my introverted makeup.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

There are a lot of posters I’ve cared about then and now.  

Honored Contributor

Yes.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I worry when threads like this get started because they never seem to end well. 

Honored Contributor

I do get concerned for the genuinely good people who post here of whom there are a lot.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is going off topic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Indeed, I do worry about posters.   They aren't just posters to me -- they're people.   You're people.❤️   I also have some of their names on my prayer list, something I see every day as I go about my activities and each one of them (you) are a part of my dialogue with my Higher Power.   

I've been using the internet for a long, long time, back to a very early international forum I helped moderate, and I've always been keenly aware that there are real flesh-and-blood humans on the other side of the screen.    Not to say other posters don't realize we're all people, but I do know it's easy to become sort of disconnected and detached when we see anonymous screen names and we don't physically connect face-to-face.   

I'm not at all apologetic about caring deeply...   while sometimes it's a source of sadness and even tears, it's also (to me) a part of participating in a community.   It's authentic to me, just as each of your comments manifest who you are authentically -- and there's not one "right way" to be or feel.    However, to my way of thinking there's no limit on our capacity to care and I've never felt that adding more dear souls to my list of friends -- cyber or in person -- diminishes the quality of my compassion and concern.   So, indeed, yes I do worry and I do care.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova