Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Want Cheap Giveaways from China

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

About 30 years ago the FDA banned some substance in red hair dyes. To this day, no red hair dye made in the US since has had the great color, saturation or staying power (non-fading) the red hair dyes previously had. And younger people, who have nothing to compare, wouldn't even know it.

@Moonchilde  Same with Lipstick.  Remember when it used to stay bright all day and later?  Then they took the good dye off the market. 

And I'm sure there are other examples too.  So we might (or might not) be "safer"...until the next study ;-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go to "grand openings" of new stores.    And, AAA AZ has an open house for members every year with very useful (and not "cheap") giveaways.........................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I am not interested in Giveaways, so never take them.

Just wanted to say that here in our country there are many chemicals and products being made that cannot be sold to Canada or Europe. We must be diligent and see that we protect our children  by having them banned.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have a cabinet in my NY office that I keep all kinds of tchotchkes  from my employer and different clients. Including stuff from the UN and various Gov't contractors. I get it they are little mementos. We can't except gifts from foreign clients so this is their way of sending a thank you. I even have a glass box of "diversity" m&ms from a certain client. They are purple,orange and yellow (still perplexed about the colors). The glass carved box they came in  is worth more then the contents!