Respected Contributor

Do You Want Cheap Giveaways from China

Tumblers, coffee mugs, key chains, and other freebies are given away by employers and others as incentives or rewards. Do you want more of this stuff? Do you trust drinking from these items? Even though marked BPA free I don't want loved ones using. My daughter's employer pays minimum wage but gives a new cup every 6 months or so. I think kids would rather have $2 to put towards something. What do you do with this stuff? I would rather not give $$ to Chinese.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Want Cheap Giveaways from China

I find the all plastic widgets and gazoos a complete insult.  Who needs another shower cap or key chain? 

Best incentive and morale/motivation booster is money/bonuses. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I don't, we get them at work, so does my DD.   I either refuse it or re-gift it.

@Twins Mom

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When I don't want something being offered, I say, "No thank you.".

Honored Contributor

You wouldn't believe all the junk trinkets my husband got from administration when he was a highschool teacher. Can you imagine rewarding a math teacher with that junk, it's an insult.  My husband would say he wished they would just make a donation to the faculty fund. 

Honored Contributor

Do I want such things? No. Which is why when they were offered to me while I was working I said no thanks, and why I don't pick up freebies from booths at the fair, etc.  But if I don't need or want something, it wouldn't matter to me where it came from; if it came from Belgium or Switzerland or France, I still wouldn't want it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's not to like?  Businesses give those types of promotional and incentive items to customers and workers all the time.  Why would anyone care where they are made?   All those products are made in China anyway.  I won't eat food make in China but I'll drink out of plastic cup.  It's not like I trust American companies that make plastic stuff  here.  If people don't want those freebies, take them and throw them away when you get home.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't but I also don't want cheap giveaways made in the US.  They aren't any better.  They turn-off word for me is CHEAP, not China.

Honored Contributor

If it is something I don't want I always graciously accept it and put it in my Goodwill box.  

Honored Contributor

One never has too many ballpoint pens and I've gotten some nice key chains.  For things I don't want, it's a short trip to the garbage can.  This is not a major problem in my life. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment