Honored Contributor

I have forever.  Now they're trying to get everyone to pay monthly/yearly  for a gold version that is popping up on the screen now.  

The convenient AOL icon on your screen probably won't be there anymore and you'll have to access through google.  You may also lose your "Favorites" on the right of the AOL homepage.

Mail is also unclear.

Are you going to pay this fee?  This is getting aggravating!

Valued Contributor

Ugh.  I still use AOL too and didn't realize the extent of the changes.  A bunch of friends and I stil use it because of the feature allowing you to see if your mail to another AOL user has been read.  I have so many folders with a ton of information.  If paying is the only way to keep all of it -- I guess I will be paying.

Honored Contributor

I can sign on and send emails using AOL, had an account for years, however I can't receive them.  They can't figure out why.  After spending two evenings on the phone with India, I gave up and went chrome.   I was a paying customer but no more.  My advice: change to something else.  I'd rather have a root canal than have to talk to India AOL.  If they can't fix your problem, they just hang up on you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Isn't this the kind of thing we were just talking about on the Privacy topic?

I like you and I apologize if this sounds rude, it wasn't meant to be.

Respected Contributor

I didn't even know AOL existed anymore 

Honored Contributor

I haven't used AOL since I had to use dial up on my computer.

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Really made me LOL- I still can't get the screeching sound out of my head on my old Compaq computer!

Honored Contributor

when i go to AOL.COM i get no pop-ups at all and nothing mentioning paying for any services.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Really made me LOL- I still can't get the screeching sound out of my head on my old Compaq computer!

Oh boy! Forgot about that, lol

Honored Contributor

I have had AOL since 1992 or so.  Back then it was not free.  I paid about $3,95 an hour for their dial up service.  I was thrilled when it became free to use it.  My bills were between $200 and $300 a month back then.

Now, I only use AOL for e-mail.  Since I use my iPad most of the time, I don't use their browser anymore.  I feel AOL e-mail is safer to use.  Hackers are more interested in Google.  Hackers are not interested in AOL.

I will not be paying for their service in the future.