Esteemed Contributor

I always trust my gut! 🙃

Honored Contributor

I always say I get these "feelings".  If I don't heed them, more often than not, I regret it.  The little voices or feelings I get speaking to me, soundlessly, are trying to keep me from doing something stupid which I will regret.  My mother always told us kids to listen to these feelings and if nothing else, stop a minute and consider what you are about to do.  Perhaps this will save you a lot of grief. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Absolutely. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Trust Your Gut?

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

Not really. I base most serious decisions/events etc. on my knowledge and life experiences. If it is something with which I am not familiar with, I get as much knowledge as possible before I make a decision.

Were I to have based some of my life choices on my "gut feeling"?  I would have been wrong way too many times. Most of the real decisions I have had to make have turned out to be the best of the options available to me at the time.

hn

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I do now.

It took me years of experience to figure it out, know when it was my 'gut' and when it was more of my wishing or wanting something to be (or not be). 

It isn't strong or often or always important stuff, but I feel some is innate intuition, and some of it comes from life experience directing your thought processes.