Esteemed Contributor

Christmas cards with glitter should be outlawed!!  If I can feel the glitter through the envelope--straight in the trash.  i appreciate the thought, but not the glitter!  i have tried to open them carefully, over the trash can, but still have to use the dust buster to clean up!!  please don't send me cards with glitter--i have enough family to clean up after--don't like cleaning up after receiving a card!  lol

Honored Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

Well, my goodness, what a jolly attitude to people kind enough to think of you.  Perhaps you could tell them directly so that they won't waste their time, money and good wishes for you in future?

Personally, I love cards with glitter.  I like to sparkle the world!  But don't worry, I won't send you one.

Respected Contributor

My word, what trifle...🙅

Esteemed Contributor

I read the card....appreciate the thought, like i mentioned--but i don't like glitter.....i wouldn't, and don't, send cards with glitter because i don't know who likes glitter and who doesn't. 

Honored Contributor

Do you mean the ones that are filled with glitter that flies out at you when you open the card?   Those are kind of obnoxious.

Or, if you mean the ones that just have a little bit of glitter stuck to the design on the front - I think those are ok.   Now that I'm thinking about it, the card I just got for my husband has some glitter on it.  It's very pretty.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Boxed Christmas cards are a reflection of the sender, cards bought individually are bought with the recipient in mind. I don't like glitter either but never to the point that I wouldn't open a card from someone who was thoughtful enough to send it to me.

BTW, I was a greeting card sales rep for 30 years!

Honored Contributor

I hate glitter and glitter hates me! On anything!

When shopping, I'm careful of touching anything with glitter on it.

Even then, I always manage to get a piece of 2 on my face, that no matter how hard I try to wipe it off, I end up with a red mark from the wiping, but the glitter is still there and I can see it when I look down!

Grrrrr......

Smiley MSN Emoticon skin rash 084.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I hate glitter cards, too.  I will usually open it carefully to read, then back in the envelope.  It just gets everywhere! 

Trusted Contributor

I do understand the OP's sentiments about glitter cards.  Glitter can get everywhere and can be a pain to clean up.

That said,I actually like receiving the cards.  They stand out from all oftheothers.