Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Think the Royal Baby Has Already Been Born?

i had thought so -  but apparently not.  last week the royals' office announced Harry's trip to Netherlands and then had to revise dramatically only a few days later.  i don't think they mess around with official schedules unless they absolutely have to.

that baby is getting bigger by the moment.  as is Meghan and she is no spring chicken!  glad it's not me!

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

I think the natural interest in this family is OK but come on.  Really?

Prince Harry and his offspring will never ascend to the throne.  Harry, Meghan and the kids are really just on the fringe much like Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.  Same goes for their current/ex spouses and kids.

I think most people here are aware that we are not awaiting the birth of the future King (or Queen). Nevertheless, there is interest in these younger royals. If I recall correctly, the wedding of Andrew and Fergie was quite a big deal at the time. They have faded from the limelight, but lots of people watched their wedding and took an interest in all of the related festivities.

I watched all of the televised weddings.  Yeah, it's interesting but it's not oxygen and that's how some are looking at this birth.

I am still stunned that the queen allowed this birth to not be in London at a hospital. 

Very silly if you ask me. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

i had thought so -  but apparently not.  last week the royals' office announced Harry's trip to Netherlands and then had to revise dramatically only a few days later.  i don't think they mess around with official schedules unless they absolutely have to.

that baby is getting bigger by the moment.  as is Meghan and she is no spring chicken!  glad it's not me!

And that is why her not being in London at a hospital is insane.

Technically, she is of the age that makes her pregnancy high risk.  Yeah, I know.  You can have a kid when you are fifty but should you?  Not without highly skilled medical advice and a properly equipped hospital.

Now, it's not arriving "on time".  Are they going to induce in a non-hospital setting?

I highly doubt it.  You can only go past your due date for so many days so the clock is ticking.

So, Miss Me-Again's plans for privacy may be out the window.

Yeah, that was a smooth move, Meg.

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I told my husband just that today. I wouldn't want that life style , not at all !!. I am proud of them taking charge with the baby . Even though the waiting is killing me.

Taking charge?

They do not do anything without approval and that means people well beyond the queen.

They are allowing this for two reasons.

They do not want to risk Harry taking his money [and he has lots of it from his mom] and his family to Africa.

They do not want to be perceived negatively like they were when Diana died.

If this birth has complications due to not being in a hospital setting, the palace is in the clear.  Sure, they will step in immediately but if this is problematic in any way, Meghan and Harry will have learned their lesson.

Let's face it.  This couple is not "up there" when it comes to being really royal.  They are more "regular" than William and Kate.  What better way to spin this than to make it look like you just want to be normal and not in the spotlight?

That will draw the spotlight!

Trusted Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

I read today that they want to retire from public duties and just have a regular life. 

Not possible.  When you are "part of the firm", you do not get to retire.

They have to earn their keep in the eyes of the public.

Remember, both Harry and William inherited millions from their mother.  She got her inheritance from her father and she got a huge divorce settlement from Charles.  Where did that money go?

To some charities and to her two boys.  Having cash is very different than having land, etc. like Charles.

This is why the queen is allowing them to make these decisions that go against the standard.

Harry can pack up and take his money and Meghan to Africa and we all know it.  If that happened, the queen would look bad.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

I think the natural interest in this family is OK but come on.  Really?

Prince Harry and his offspring will never ascend to the throne.  Harry, Meghan and the kids are really just on the fringe much like Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward.  Same goes for their current/ex spouses and kids.

@alarmclock - You would think this birth would be treated like the others you mentioned. But I think two things come into play:

1. Harry is Diana's son. We have watched him grow, and we probably feel a bit "protective" of him (not sure that's the right word). We are interested in him. 

2. Meghan is Meghan - the "celebrity" is built in. Although I think if Harry had married someone else, the interest would still be there.

I think we'll all get used to it, and the focus will once again be on George, Charlotte, and Louis. When Meghan and Harry have baby #2 (if they do) it won't be as much of a big deal - UNLESS Meghan pulls out her Hollywood diva card! Smiley Wink

Meghan is no celebrity!