Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Think This is Wrong in this Hot Weather?

@Moonchilde wrote:

@blankette wrote:

It is very wrong, Welcome to America, taking advantage of the poor to keep a lawn looking well manicured is certainly a sad indicator of their priorities. Maybe an annoymous note would make them think about something other than their great yard. 

So your automatic assumption is that those who do manual labor of any sort must be poor? Well, wrong right there. Landscape contractors and many of their employees for one make big bucks. Most construction sites are unionized to a degree. Many lawn services are individually owned by individuals who use brothers, uncles and cousins, etc. If they don't work (including the owner of the business) they don't eat. And I haven't seen any news stories about poor enslaved workers forced by their bosses to work "or else."

I think we should sue Mother Nature for being un-American and doling out cruel and unusual punishment.

Exactly my family's lawn crews were getting paid an average of 15.00 to 25.00 an hr back 10 years ago. So not exactly chump change. I am amazed at the ignorant responses from some people.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

I am still wrapping my mind around 114 degrees... Of course they should do this landscaping on a cooler day. I thought that 96 in my neck of the woods with a humidity that is almost as high as the temps here in central NJ was bad enough. But, the weather in Arizonia is something else. I am about done with the summer already!!! I am ready for the fall!!Woman LOL

So you see no landscape crews working in NJ on hot days? How about in the middle of winter ? It is the same landscape crews who in the middle of the night are the same people out cleaningsnowy sidewalks and driveways across our State along with the streets. They are doing this in frigid weather. I guess they should come back when it is warmer?

Honored Contributor

I've posted this before but my DH works an outside job so he is in extreme temps.  He would much rather work in the heat than in the extreme cold.  There is nothing worse than a water main break when it's -15 with the wind chill.  They have to stand in a hole with water up to their chest sometimes, getting blasted in the face with water shooting from the hole in the broken water main, while they stand there trying to shove something in the hole to stop the leak.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
DARING GREATLY said: "The particular neighbor doing this today have their patio so elaborately decorated, it has more furniture than their living room. They also leave all their drapes open 24/7 (day and night) so everyone can look inside their home and be "awed." I can't wait for the robbers to be taking pictures and being awed by it all when they rob them. Some people are so into showing off and competing with everyone. God forbid the trees aren't trimmed every other week." ------------- ------------------------------So you're hoping your neighbors get robbed???