Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Think Halloween Will Be Cancelled

There's not many children in our neighborhood its mostly people in the 40's on up so candy distributation has stopped in our subdivision a few years ago....Now grandparents living here have been taking their grandchildren to Halloween Parties, but I think this year parents/grandparents will restrict it to at home celebrations with just family members...

What Im wondering about is what are the ADULTS going to do..... The ADULTS have hijacked Halloween and they even open up these stores exclusively for Hallowwen with costumes and decor for adults!  And we know how irreponsible some of the adults have been already....I bet those parties continue disregarding community guidelines....Should be interesting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@nana59

I would like to have normal too. 

Respected Contributor

It's not a one size fits all situation. It should be up to each individual community to decide, based on what's going on in and around the community at the time. What's appropriate for a major urban center can, and likely will be completely different than what's appropriate for a small, rural town. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Jordan2

The Governors of New York and New Jersey are not going to allow children to go door to door,saying "trick or treat".

The people in both states have worked hard to bring the infection rate down. 

Parents will find fun ways to celebrate Halloween at home. 

@Nuttmeg  How on earth are they going to enforce that?

A parent will not take their young children door to door. Some schools in New Jersey and New York may return to classes in October. 

If the infection rate climbs, things will be shutdown again. 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy The coronavirus is highly contagious..... oh you havent heard?

Not really what I was asking, but nice deflection.

Life is returning to normal, well at least for most people.  Precautions are being taken and people are starting to find some joy.  Those who want to dwell in sorrow are welcome to continue but stop trying to bring the world down to their level.

So people who want to protect their children are dwelling in sorrow? Trick or treating takes place when it's starting to turn cold for many states, and cold and flu season begins.  It might be wise to cancel it, or as in myself, have kids do something else.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think it will, unfortunately.  Maybe children could attend parties, if they wore masks and socially-distanced.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy The coronavirus is highly contagious..... oh you havent heard?

Not really what I was asking, but nice deflection.

Life is returning to normal, well at least for most people.  Precautions are being taken and people are starting to find some joy.  Those who want to dwell in sorrow are welcome to continue but stop trying to bring the world down to their level.

So people who want to protect their children are dwelling in sorrow? Trick or treating takes place when it's starting to turn cold for many states, and cold and flu season begins.  It might be wise to cancel it, or as in myself, have kids do something else.

Have to follow the entire conversation, not just the cut and paste version. 

Never understood the "ruin it for everyone" mentality.  If it is something, for whatever reason, you do not want to participate, simply don't. Problem solved.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope so, don't want this knocking at my door.

511rXukBuML._AC_.jpg

Contributor

I always have a Holloween party for my grandkids over the age of 5.  They wear their costumes, and we play games, make a craft, eat some food, and I get a bounce house.

Respected Contributor

No, I think adults will still have parties. And the governors have more than enough to deal with without getting involved in Halloween.