Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Still Wear A Watch?

Nope, after 20 years of faithful service, my beloved Gucci finally bit the dust. And since I now have my cell phone full-time, I didn't bother with a new one.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Super Contributor

No. I like to wear my many pretty bracelets and cuffs. I no longer wear my watches unless dressed for some sort of business situation. I actually sense the time of day now without looking at a clock...

One personal peeve of mine is people who are engaged in conversation kind of surreptitiously grip their watch's face and turn it slightly so they can glance down to check the time. To me that is just as rude as checking a cell phone for a message.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a watch in a hundred years (ok, slight exaggeration). Even back when I was a professional person, the first thing that came off when I got home was the watch (followed by the shoes and bra. heh).

I have a bunch of them, though, from kitschy to massively expensive - somewhere in a drawer or box.

Super Contributor

Interesting comments. I like wearing watches for function & fashion. My cell phones not always right there in my hand for me to look at. (:

Respected Contributor

I still wear a watch, but I'm not sure why because:

This computer tells me the day, date and time AND it has a calendar icon that tells me the day and date.

My cell phone tells me the day, date and time.

My car has a clock that tells me the time.

I think I wear a watch out of habit. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I always wear watch. The only times I do not are when I go to black tie events where I wear gowns. I do not feel it is appropriate to wear watch with an evening dress.. IMO
Honored Contributor

I have worn a watch for as long as I can remember; I had to use one all day when I was working.....but I feel lost without it on my wrist! Am looking for a new watch so that the face is easier to read... I can't deal with the ones where the face and the numbers are the same color!

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't worn a watch since cell phones were invented, but I notice they are on Shop all the time.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2014 PinkSugar said:

I haven't worn a watch since cell phones were invented, but I notice they are on Shop all the time.

I think there are people who collect watches like others collect stamps or coins. I think that's the market they're trying to corner.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely can NOT stand to wear a watch. Had to have one for medical/nursing when teaching, but alway pinned in to the inside of my pocket with a cord. I've own three in my entire life;one being a necklace watch which was worn more than any piece of jewelry ever. I CANNOT stand cold metal next to my skin. And in reference to my engagement ring and wedding band, those are worn only when I go out. HOWEVER, when my husband was in the hospital(s) = one month, then I had to wear his Rolex during the daytime hours, only. It would lose time if I didn't. {SOMETHING TO DO WITH WRIST MOVEMENT/ FOR CORRECT TIME-AS LONG AS MOTION WAS PROVIDED}??? ~ That's my entire 'wearing' a watch experience!