Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Still Have a Sears Store?

No where I live but...yes to where I own rentals - one Sears but it's appliances only.

Believe it must be a franchise - I've bought a few kitchen items but selection of named

brands very limited.

Trusted Contributor

No.  Closed several years ago.  Back in the 70s that used to be the place we shopped a lot.  Sears was our go to store for basic needs. 

Honored Contributor

Our big Sears store at the mall closed several years ago.  I wonder if any are still open?

Our Macys at the same mall is now a big Hobby Lobby and they have a dog park in the parking lot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Our nearby large two story Sears closed a few years ago, pre COVID.  That mall is now totally remodeling to become a mixed use retail/office/residential center.  The Sears part has been demolished, but Target will remain on the opposite end.  

I miss the Sears appliance department with my go-to crackerjack salesman who never let me down.  All of those Kenmore Elite appliances have served me well.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not anymore.....

Honored Contributor

Ours moved into the mall back in 1975 and not only closed in 2018 but demolished that entire portion of the mall.  JC Penney's still exists at the other end with Dillard's in the middle.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Gone, gone, gone a long time ago.  The one near us was a ghost store for several years before they closed it.

Valued Contributor

No, our Sears closed several years ago.

Honored Contributor

Sadly no.

Esteemed Contributor

No.  Our Sears went out several years ago.  We also lost our Elder Beerman, Macy's  and Penney's store  I couldn't even tell you where the closest Sears store is.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown