Esteemed Contributor

Yes we do.  My DH & I started to dance in the house when there was a song that made us feel like young lover's again back in February. .  We were planning to go to the annual Firemen's Dance in his tiny hometown for our 50th wedding anniversary in March.  The dance was cancelled the night before.  We have a good radio station that plays our kind of music every afternoon and all weekend long.  We actually went to this dance with our bridal party on our wedding night & hadn't been since.  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Two left feet here.........and one has a great big bolt holding my ankle together...........

https://youtu.be/eIozjNOgrm8     How about Hand Jive

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Image result for Elaine dancing on seinfeld gif

You bet I do...like nobody's watching!

@RoughDraft 😂😂 I was just about to say how much I love to dance like no one's watching, until I saw this.🤣🤣🤣🤣 Whew! That was funny.😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Still Dance?

[ Edited ]

Yes, when no one is looking or I'm alone in the house.  I particularly like to "get it on" when I watch a Motown Oldies show on PBS or put on some Greek music and perform one of those dances in which you do what you feel -- a dance that is meant to be performed by oneself. 

The other night I said something about my having danced somewhere, and my younger son said that he did not know I danced.  That saddened me.

Once upon a time I had rhythm and could move my entire body to match what I felt.  These days, my feet feel like boards and I've no real control over them.

So dance while you can!

When I was younger, I could dance similarly to the woman in the video below.  Now, I just do the best I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Mu6jynJ_g&list=PLaUwYeMIKsLaT0pqXXzWjZmUIIswVB-sX&index=25

Super Contributor

@deepwaterdotter - How romantic and sweet!  Your response brought a smile to my face after a tough day.❤️🙏

Respected Contributor

Oh yes, dance every day here indoors.  DH and I - in our youth - won lots of jiving competitions and still give it a go.  Our grandkids are always asking us to 'show us how to do it' then they join in.   I dance while doing housework, cooking, etc.

Love any kind of music always dancing in our house!   Rock on.

Trusted Contributor

Yes! I love to dance. I took belly dancing lessons for years and I still dance. I also love country line dancing, good, old-fashioned rock and roll, salsa, merengue, bachata, danzon, all of 'em. Dancing is the best exercise because you use every muscle in your body and it boosts endorphins so it makes you happy. And at 73, it keeps me young.💃🏻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thought I would get serious here and say that........ several months ago I read about exercising and about doing quick fast bursts for short periods. I find when I turn a fast song on several times a day and dance to it that it feels more invigorating than getting on my treadmill and much more fun!  So, for those who can and it's safe to do so, especially in times like these, it may help.

I have enjoyed reading all your posts and even danced again to some of them! 

Honored Contributor

When a song i really like comes on I dance around a bit Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant ...I just wanted to let you know that a couple of my posts had to be deleted due to a problem with youtube links with songs to dance to (Bruce Springsteen concert with legendary Chuck Berry)....They were working fine at first with no problems and then a message alert would show up regarding computer overloading or something to that effect so, out of caution, the mod deleted them.

Dancing is such an uplifting and healthy way to excercise...very beneficial emotionally as well as physically and it doesn't feel like the usual exercise routines at all...just letting ourselves go and having a fun time dancing our hearts out.

I love being outdoors, so I go for lots of good brisk walks also throughout the day, but I sure would love to be able to plug myself into some good music and dance around outside while enjoying the fresh air!...Maybe I should give it a try and some of my neighbors may end up joining me...What a fun uplifting time that would be for all of us!

Such a fun and uplifting thread! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~