Super Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Your Prom Dress

well, yes

HAVE THE PICTURE of the 'happy couple' standing at the base of a stairway! Doesn't everyone? Black top (kind of tank style) and knee length white skirted bottom with ......ready for it...? Black dots. There was a red rose to wear at the waist, but I didn't. '63, I think.

Respected Contributor

I absolutely remember all of them........my grand daughter has them lol............when my grandma passed much to my surprise, in the upstairs attic tucked away were all my prom dresses.........I brought them home with me and then gave them to my daughter for my grand daughter to play dress up with........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

Mine was light pink silk organza in an empire style with a gorgeous lace top and a moss green velvet sash under the bustline. The lace was white, but it was etched in pink. I loved that gown and I wore it several times including a college prom type event. I think I had pink shoes too.

Honored Contributor

It was 1965 Christmas Prom. I wore a ballet pink, Brocade fitted long skirt.The skirt had seems doen the front with slits. The top was a sleeveless, scoop neck, fitted cranberry red velvet. The top hung about 2 inches below the waist, with open darts at the bottom. The top had seams on each side of the bust.. The collared jacket was matching pink brocade (matched skirt). It was sort of a modified swing jacket. It was all lined. I wore the long satin gloves, and dyed to match satin high heel shoes. It was pretty stylish. I loved the pink color of the brocade.

Super Contributor

Light yellow long straight dress with empire waste and a bow in the back. Satin with an overlay of something like organza. I thought it was beautiful, and it cost $16! My mom really stepped out for that one. I hadn't thought about that in years. (1966)

It was fun to read what everyone wore.

Regular Contributor

When my HS sweetheart graduated I went to his prom. My parents weren't into spending much money for those dresses so I wore the gown I had worn in my brother's wedding when I was 11 - yellow strapless, full skirt, long. Problem was at 11 I had nothing to hold up the strapless part. At 15 I did, so we added some netting ruffles across the top to look like I had a chest.

My senior year, I wore a chiffon pink short dress - off the shoulder straps and very uncomfortable.Unfortunately, I went to prom with my chemistry partner since I wasn't dating anyone special that year who was sort of a geek. He arrived in a tan sport coat and white buck shoes. I remember I was so embarrassed that night.

In college, I removed the top and added a white eyelet sleeveless, scooped neck top to the chiffon skirt. It was very pretty. I made another short formal dress in college for a winter dance. It was white velvet strapless with a full skirt. I had a satin aqua bow belt made to go with it and wore matching aqua dyed to match shoes. I was a talented seamstress in those days. Definitely cheaper and frocks were one-of-a-kind.

Great memories of days 60 years ago.

Super Contributor

Yes! Still have the pix!