Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember When QVC.....

@Venezia    Yes!  It's all coming back to me now.  Do you remember how much we paid for them?  I don't remember them being very expensive.  Do you still wear yours? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

He may have looked a bit like Stan Hermamm, but he had a totally different personality.  He was so horrible to the hosts that they stopped carrying his clothes.  The clothes were amazing, though, and I still have and wear them.  I remember Lisa Robertson saying she owned his designer cloths

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - I'm afraid I don't remember the price but, if I find it, I'll let you know. I remember thinking they were a real bargain.  And I even regretted not getting the green one.

Yes, I still wear them during the cooler months. They are superb quality.

Regular Contributor

I remember Casual Workstyles and Silk Lore. I still have a Silk Lore blouse in my closet. I haven't worn it in a long time but I always liked it.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I still have and wear a QF denm jacket that's completely appliqued with NYC skyscraper scenes.  Fun to wear.  

@ALRATIBA   That's neat about the NYC skyscrapers as I know you live in Manhattan.

I had a shirt years ago (where is it?) that had the NYC skyline --of old-- that included the Empire State Bldg and the AIG Bldg (I worked at AIG for almost 2 decades) so that was special to me.  It also had the Twin Towers on my sleeve. 

I wish I knew where that shirt was now!

Trusted Contributor

I remember you could get really unique fashions on QVC.  Now its things you can buy anywhere and often at a much lower price and free shipping! They used to get a lot of my money on fashions, now I can count on one hand with fingers left over the amount of clothing I have bought since they started with the same ole, same ole!

Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drew  I loved Sport Savy!  I still have some of their pieces.  They have held up very well.  I miss them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I still own some sports savvy clothing.  I mostly use them now for working out and walking outside.  They are quite old and are still kicking, a little worn but not bad enough to get rid of.  I also have a few storybook knits.  I don't wear them very much at all but I keep them because they are just so unique.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I remember Jeanne Bice's suede jackets, especially the one with the African animals on it.   I was always tempted, but never bought it.  It was gorgeous, but I doubt that I'd ever wear it.

My favorites were Dialogue and Motto.  Still have some Dialogue slacks.  Perfect fit for me and, obviously, great quality.   I never bought a Precious Fibers sweater -- wanted to, but I was too practical to buy something that required dry-cleaning.  Whatever happened to Layers by Lizden?  

I remember when Denim & Co was fabulous quality and reasonably priced.   Those were the days! 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Koos, Of Course, wasn't that a brand here?  I know it was a man selling, he reminded me of Stan Herman.

If we're talking about other items besides fashion, I can't remember the brand name, but the woman threw silvery fairie dust and it was for jewelry (?).

@Lucky Charm Kirk's Folly with Jennifer something. 

My favorite sweater brands were Gabriella T and Precious Fibers.  I also liked Jessica Holbrook.

Yes, Precious Fibers was the Cashmere sweaters.  I've still got some of those and I wear them as well.