Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Calling Time & Temperature?

I remember calling but I can't think of the number.

Oh how I wish I could recall the number 🙀

Honored Contributor

Years ago, when I worked, I was the switchboard operator/receptionist at a small local business. I remember, many times, calling and just listening to the time to make it look like I was busy. Lol!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

What a great question, had not thought of this for years, yes, i do remember.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  Our 'time and temp' was sponsored by a local bank.  Before they gave the time and temp, there was a long commercial about services at that bank.  I hated to call because of the long commercial. 

I was thinking about party lines a few days ago.  Sometimes we kids would just pick up the phone to listen to others' conversations for something to do.  That wasn't good....

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Yes!  It was one of our local banks that offered that service, we used it a lot.

Respected Contributor

Bad memory !!!!!

it was summertime and my two younger sisters and I were home alone while both parents worked.  I was "in charge" and when they got out of line, I would pretend I was calling Mom on them.

Really was calling Time & Temperature on the rotary dial but they thought it was Mom on the line.

It worked well until a month later when the telephone bill came and parents wanted to know why so many charges for Time.......when we had clocks that worked !!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 It still exist in our area difference being now we dial the area code , so in our area it is 419-936-12-12. About 15 or so years ago I was upset that we didn't have it any longer and tried with adding the area code and it worked. And on the week-end it gives a commercial about some product and scriptor from the Bible.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  I still remember the number, too. PArkway 1700. Hahaha We would call when we were really bored, after we'd been "stringing" people.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jlkz. I never before heard of a T&T line not being free!