Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Black Watch Plaid?

I still have my mothers Black Watch Plaid Kilt hanging in my closet, I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of it.  

It's been in there 16 years, so I'm sure it's either been eaten by something or is dry rotted by now.  

Honored Contributor

My absolute favorite plaid!  My mom gifted me a Pendleton suit one year.  I also had a pencil skit in that plaid.  Just love it!  (And so did my mom!)

Esteemed Contributor

I think that picture is adorable!  She looks cute in that outfit.  Being of Scottish descent, I love and appreciate all plaids!  I have a black tartan flannel shirt form LL Bean and I love it, wear it often in the winter.  I also have a beret hat in my tartan from Scotland with a matching scarf!   I wear them proudly Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I still love plaid & black watch is my favorite! I'm going to see what I can find for next fall. There was a flannel tunic that I loved at LL Bean! Going to see if it's still there.

Honored Contributor

I'm not big on plaids, but of all the plaids, Black Watch is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LindaSal, it must be wonderful to have your own family tartan.  The beret and matching scarf must be such fun to wear because they identify your clan.

I love familial connections such as these.  You are fortunate to have this tie to your family's lineage.

Honored Contributor

I like Black Watch plaid too. My favorite tartan, though, is Dress Stewart. 

Dress Stewart - Just Kilt Me

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Yes, I really like Black Watch plaid. I have a very nice flannel shirt form Land's End and a pair of B/W plaid pajamas from J.C. Penny's. It's such a classic.