Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Often Enter Sweepstakes, Contests and Drawings?

@lenapecci wrote:

I too enter sweepstakes and contests as a hobby. I enter each day online. I have a

website I use that I joined about 15 years ago. It stores all the sweepstakes and contests.

I have won some really great things.

Two of my favorites were a $4000.00 GC to Merry Maids!! And I once won Day 10 of Ellen's 12 days of Christmas. The win included a sleep number bed.    

@lenapecci  We have something in common! Sisters in sweeping!🙂😉

Esteemed Contributor

I would but I rarely hear or know about any.  I don't buy lottery tickets though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Never.  

Can't be bothered to do it, then can't be bothered when they have your information and continue to haunt you.

Honored Contributor

I generally don't. 

I always buy a raffle ticket from my neighbors' son.  They play baseball and have an annual raffle.   I won the grand prize a few years ago.   I was shocked.

Super Contributor

I won an HGTV contest in 2000. I think it was called Flowers, Floats and Football. I won a Ford Escape, a trip for 4 to Pasadena, CA for the 2001 Rose Bowl Parade and football game, a camera and some money.

We won $5,000 in a Megamillions drawing once.

Uncle Same got a lot of both winnings Smiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

Not really.  People who buy handfuls of lottery tickets would probably be better served by regularly contributing to a retirement account.  JMO

Having said that, a few years ago I did a couple Publishers Clearing House entries and later received a check for $10 .... Honestly,  I have no idea why ......

Honored Contributor

@Wahoogaz wrote:

I won an HGTV contest in 2000. I think it was called Flowers, Floats and Football. I won a Ford Escape, a trip for 4 to Pasadena, CA for the 2001 Rose Bowl Parade and football game, a camera and some money.

@Wahoogaz  Yes... no matter what Uncle Sam gets their portion of the winnings too.... a fact of life!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...but I never win anything

Honored Contributor

I used to, but not anymore.   

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Wahoogaz wrote:

@Wahoogaz  Yes... no matter what Uncle Sam gets their portion of the winnings too.... a fact of life!

Exactly ... that's why I now usually only enter contests with cash prizes ... I know the tax man will be coming Smiley Happy.