Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Often Enter Sweepstakes, Contests and Drawings?

This post gave me a smile.  When we were just starting out, I entered Publisher's Clearing House too many times to count.  It did me in.

No longer.  Congrats to the winners.  They deserve it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, as often as possible.

this past month and a half has been good and i have won a handbag and scarf from madewell, 2 piece hardsideded luggage, some clothing, and an echo dot. 

now if i could just win the lottery!

i am currently doing the #12at12sweepstakes daily giveaway by qvc via facebook.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I don't do that as a rule.  And I don't pay attention when I see or get ads for things like.  

Do you often enter?  Do you win?  Woman Happy

@Sooner. Yes. I have been entering contests and sweepstakes since 1987...everyday. I spend about three hours  a day, everyday, filling out envelopes for snail mail entries....and also  entering online. It is a full time hobby. And I do spend a fair amount $$ on stamps. 

i love it. I have won just about everything you can win over the years...no, not a million dollars....yet!🙂 But , two cars and many many other great things! I do not play the lottery....just enter contests and sweepstakes. 

My my most recent great win was a new roof and beautiful new siding for my home. It all just got finished being done last week. It was a national contest that I won by sending pictures and writing a story about my home. 

I follow the three P’s...Patience, Persistence, and Postage!

Regular Contributor

You should never have to pay to enter a contest or sweepstakes. That is against the law. People on FB are getting away with it and shouldn't. 

Honored Contributor

Amazing!  We are among winners!  Congratulations!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I want to a lot, but if you do, your name is sold around.  Which means tons more spam.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never buy lottery tickets but my DH does.

Respected Contributor

@bluehost

I rarely enter contests for the reason you stated.  I was entering the Publisher Clearing House Sweepstakes, but didn't complete the form, because the info requested was really personal.  Seemed they were just gathering info for any entity who paid the price.   They didn't get mine. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

This post gave me a smile.  When we were just starting out, I entered Publisher's Clearing House too many times to count.  It did me in.

No longer.  Congrats to the winners.  They deserve it!

Yeah, I got sucked into that awhile back, but surprisingly got a check for $10.00.

Haven't noticed an increase in spam, and figure playing the 90 million games they send me daily (I'm retired) just keeps me from ordering from other sites (a little). Woman LOL

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I too enter sweepstakes and contests as a hobby. I enter each day online. I have a

website I use that I joined about 15 years ago. It stores all the sweepstakes and contests.

I have won some really great things.

Two of my favorites were a $4000.00 GC to Merry Maids!! And I once won Day 10 of Ellen's 12 days of Christmas. The win included a sleep number bed.