Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Miss Shopping, Going to Grocery Stores, Etc.?

Yes!

I had a 'routine' each week............visiting and browsing inside stores TJ Maxx, Ross, and other similar stores.........

Also, World Market was fun, just browsing. 

Loved spending time in Trader Joe's.  Looking at 'this and that'.  Taking my time shopping.  Not rushing in and out. 

Loved to briefly chat (one or two sentences) with my favorite employees..........

Well, maybe next year.  Wishing us all safety and wellness.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go to the grocery store, bj's , bank,walmart, what miss is my grandaughters,and my dog spirit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

No, I don't miss shopping because I continue to do it. Grocery stores, Costco, Sam's Club, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, everything. We eat out about once per week. We aren't big travelers but have a trip planned for the spring.

Respected Contributor

No, I'm in stores probably four or five days a week. I've never been the type that shopped for recreation. 
When need something, I go to Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, the mall, Lowes or wherever. The only difference is I wear a mask. 
I think I grocery shop more now than before Covid. 
We still go to restaurants and I've continued to volunteer.

Honored Contributor

I like grocery shopping, which I still do.  Everything else is bought online. What I do miss is sitting in a restaurant.  Tired of eating in the car.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't stopped going out but I do seem to do less of it simply because it's easier to find what I want and have it delivered. I still go out to eat inside a restaurant at least once a week, Target, Costco,Walmart,  grocery stores, Dillard's, Macy's, hair dresser, etc. Next week we're flying to California for a couple of days staying at a winery and will visit a couple more while there. What I do miss is my water aerobics at the gym. Little has changed for us.

Esteemed Contributor

Miss travel, my family and dining out.  We go food shopping weekly and I was never thrilled with that & shop for everything else online before and now.   

Valued Contributor

@froggy wrote:

No, I don't miss shopping because I continue to do it. Grocery stores, Costco, Sam's Club, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, everything. We eat out about once per week. We aren't big travelers but have a trip planned for the spring.

@froggy 

I'm happy you posted this.  

I'm doing the same as you.  My BFF and I have gotten together once a month for lunch and brief shopping (very brief).  DH and I are going out to eat - no issues there.  The restaurants are doing a great job with social distancing/masks.  Many times we eat outside.  

Travel?  We are camping and have been all summer.  Not with others, just DH and I.  May decide to travel with our camper to FL in January for a month or so.  

What am I not doing?  Not getting together with former work friends for dinners out.  Not going to Goodwill, Marshalls, 'browsing' places.  It's not fun wearing a mask and it takes the pleasure out of it.  

I walk outside with one friend here and there and enjoy walking by myself.  I go to the grocery store (DH drives me and he stays in the car).  I'm not going to have someone else picking out my food, especially things that have dates (I am picky about freshness dates).  Same with produce.  No way is someone picking out my bananas - I like short ones that are only slightly ripe.  Haha!!  But when I do grocery shop, it's in & out as quick as I can.  

Stay safe but live your life too!

Honored Contributor

I don't enjoy shopping.  I have been shopping online for years.  I do miss grocery shopping.  There are some things like fresh fish and produce I like to pick out for myself but I am having food delivered.  I really miss going out to eat with friends.  I love trying new restaurants and although it is allowed here I feel it is foolish risk at this time. 

Honored Contributor

I am doing my own food shopping, including Costco, at the moment.  I plan to switch to delivery again as Thanksgiving and Christmas approach.  

What I do miss are restaurant meals but I wouldn't enjoy the experience at this point.  The risk isn't worth it.