Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Do You Miss Shopping, Going to Grocery Stores, Etc.?

I miss visiting the outlet malls. I don't much care for the one in my area (I have been once since March...and it was depressing) as there are two much better ones in a neighboring state which I love to visit. I go down there several times a year for other things as well..plus I adore the city the two outlets are closest to. That city is turned into my happy place and how I wish I could go there to eat, sightsee and be among nice people.  Also, dreaming of the beach! Missed out on going this year.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I wasn't shopping that much before all this.  I still do my normal shopping.  I'm in the grocery store at least once a week.  Yesterday went to Home Depot, Lowes, and then stopped into Kroger to pick up some bread.  No differenc than my normal shopping patterns except I had to wear a mask.

I do miss dressing rooms for the few times I do want to shop for clothing.

Same with me. The only thing I don't do any longer is browsing at my local mall, but so many stores are going out of business it isn't worth going there. I do my usual shopping, groceries and such, with the mask, but clothes shopping is online only.The only trouble with that is you have to know your correct size so you don't have to return things. Took me while to figure out what fits and what doesn't, but now I am a pro.

Respected Contributor

No; I've always hated it. Now with two unstable knees and a bad back (and, oh, is it bad!) I have the perfect excuse not to go. My husband does the shopping now and he might never admit it to me, but he likes to go without me because I slow him down so much (hovering over the jewelry display at Costco, etc.).

Honored Contributor

It really isn't either/or all or nothing. I do take some Covid exposure risks, but limited educated planned ones. I don't see the point in taking risks when not necessary and when it is just as convenient or more convenient to avoid them. I do go shopping occasionally for items that weren't available for pick up. And of course I take the recommended precautions while I do it.

I think it's important to have plenty of ways to get out of the house and socialize (such as it is right now) besides shopping.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr